Untitled

A Surprise Visit

Three hours later I was being woken up by one of my nurses. I groaned.

“I know, I’m sorry.” She apologized with a small smile. “I had to wake you up so I could check your vitals and change your bandage.”
I lifted my head and winced as she unwrapped my head. “Ow!” I complained.
“I’ll give you some pain medication.” The nurse told me as she was cleaning my cut. Apparently I had gotten a few stitches as well, but thankfully they didn’t have to shave my hair off or anything! “You can go back to sleep now dear.”
“Thanks.” I sighed and my eyes slid shut, but I wasn’t able to fall asleep.

I sighed and tried to make myself more comfortable in the dingy hospital bed. That’s when it really hit me. I could have died if it wasn’t for Gerard. But I still didn’t understand how he got from one side of the street to the other within milliseconds! Just then I heard a slight knock on the door.

“Yeah?” I called out.
“Hi.” Gerard said softly as he walked into the room.
I’m not going to lie, this was definitely a pleasant surprise. “Uh, hi? You’re here rather early.” I said looking at the clock which read a mere 6:05 am.
“Yeah well, I wanted to visit you before I went to school and before Mikey knew I was gone.” Gerard said rubbing the back of his neck.
I gave him a confused look.
“I know what Mikey told you.” He explained.
“Oh?” I asked.
“Yes, and another reason why I’m here is to tell you to listen to him.” Gerard sighed.
What!? “Why is that?” I asked more calmly than the shouting in my head.
“Because Cherie. I’m dangerous.” Gerard leaned foreword in the chair.
“More dangerous than I think right?” I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.
“Yes actually.” Gerard nodded.
“Well, I can’t.” I blurted.
Gerard gave a slight smirk. “Why?”
“Because there’s something different about you, and I’m determined to figure it out!” I told him sternly.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Gerard leaned back in the chair and folded his arms.
“I think you know exactly what I’m talking about! You were on one side of the street one second, and saving me from an out of control vehicle!” I exclaimed.
“I was not on the other side of the street Cherie. I was standing at your car waiting for you. I wanted to tell you to stay away from me, but that’s when Jake almost killed you.” Gerard was lying, I could tell.
“Don’t lie to me Gerard. I fucking saw you!” I was starting to get angry.
“You hit your head. You don’t know what you are saying.” Gerard shook his head.
“I’ll find out. You’ll see.” I gritted through my teeth.
“No, please Cherie. It’s for your own good.” Gerard stood and looked at the clock. “I don’t want to see you get hurt.”
“Oh so you care about me now?” I raised an eyebrow. “After not talking to me for the first month and a half of school?”
“What do you mean by that? That I don’t care about other people but myself?” Gerard asked.
“Possibly.” I retorted. I was surprised by the way I was speaking to him.
He furrowed his brows and his eyes darkened, it was scary. “And you think you know so much about me? You’ve known me just as long as I’ve known you! So why can’t you stay away!?”
“You shouldn’t be talking! All you do is ignore me! And if I sit next to you in class, you freak out and I think you’re going to kill me or something.” I blurted.
“Well maybe because I don’t want to hurt you.” Gerard lowered his voice.
“You’re not going to hurt me, you just saved my life.” I lowered my voice as well.
“That maybe so, but there’s no telling what the future holds, and well,” Gerard gave an exasperated sigh and looked at the clock once more. “I have to go. Just trust me please.”

And with that, Gerard Way left my hospital room, leaving me confused and wanting to know so much more about him and his family.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back! And comments are loved! <33