Untitled

The Trip To Unlce Bob's House

“And thank you for flying with us today!” Were the first words I woke to.
“Wow I slept the whole trip! I guess the staying up all night plan worked!” I muttered to myself as I grabbed my carry on.

I got off the plane and who was there to greet me but Uncle Bob Dazzler.

“Cherie! Over here!” Bob was waving his arms high in the air. Not like he needed to, he was pretty tall.
“Uncle Bob Dazzler!” I yelled running over and hugging him.
“Cherie! Don’t call me that in public you crazy kid!” Bob said as he ruffled my hair. Yeah, I’m almost 18, well I will be on Halloween, and my uncle still calls me a crazy kid. I still love him for it!
“Well excuse me Mr. Embarrassed!” I giggled as we walked to the baggage claim.
“Hmmm where could my bag be?” I said watching the bags go around and around on the belt.
“Got it kiddo!” my uncle yelled from down the belt.

I made sure it was the right bag and we walked to his car in the parking garage.

“Aww Bob Dazzler! You brought the truck?” I asked as we approached a very old but well kept ’77 Dodge. I swear he loves that truck more than himself. He has enough money to buy a damn corvett but nope, he must have this truck!
(visual aid)* http://www.usaraud.ee/carpic/8f1b77dd893ed48afa7a1bb08acd69fe.jpg *
“Of course I did!” He smiled as he put my bags in the back.

The ride was about 20 minutes and was pretty much silent except for the few occasional and random questions.

“So how’s your father?” Bob asked as we pulled onto a secluded and wooded road.
“He’s good actually. I think he’s a little upset that I wanted to come live with you, but I told him everything would be fine with me and the big polar bear!” I laughed.
“Aww Cherie! You didn’t tell him that you call me a freakin’ polar bear! Please tell me you didn’t!” Bob pleaded.
“Ok, you caught me I didn’t tell him. That’s our little secret!” I laughed even harder as we pulled into his driveway.