Untitled

Breakfast And A Ride To Work

The next morning I woke to the sweet smell of French toast.
“Mmm food.” I mumbled as I rolled out of bed.

I walked to my mirror to make sure I didn’t look like a complete mess. I ran the brush through my black hair with red streaks. My dad always hated the fact that I dyed my hair, but everyone else, including me, liked it so I did it anyway.

“Oh good you’re up!” Bob said as I slowly walked down the stairs, still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.
“Yes, and I smell food.” I said grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge.
“Yeah, I made your favorite. French toast!” He said placing a heaping plate in front of me.
“Just how I like it.” I smiled. “ Drenched in syrup!”

We had a very pleasant breakfast together.

“I have a surprise for you.” Bob said putting our plates in the sink.
“Oh jeez what did you get me now?” I asked dramatically.
Bob Dazzler was known to get me presents I didn’t need or were way over the top.
“It’s a surprise! Now close your eyes and come with me. I picked it up this morning.” He said taking my hand and pulling me outside. He made sure I didn’t trip over anything, I was known to be a very big klutz.
We had finally made it out into what I believed was the driveway.

“Come on Uncle Bobby! What is it!” I asked eager to see what he got me.
“Well open your eyes and see for your self!” He said flicking my lightly on the arm.

I opened my eyes to see the most beautiful thing in the world. My dream car: A black and red ’07 Mustang convertible * visual aid* (http://www.fordmustangfaqs.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/foose-stallion-ford-mustang.jpg)

“Oh Bob Dazzler you didn’t!” I said walking up to the car and running my fingers along the polished frame.
“Oh but I did. I had to; I saw it at the dealer last week. I bought it right then. And it’s not like I couldn’t afford it. Besides you’re going to need a car to get to school and what not.” He said handing me the keys.
“I can’t believe this! Thank you so much! I swear I will repay you! I’ll do the dishes, the laundr-“ I started to say but was cut off by Bob hugging me.
“Sweetheart you don’t have to repay me. This is my early birthday present to you. Your birthday is next month you know! And it’s also a thank you for coming out here and keeping me company.” He said as he squeezed me tighter. “Wanna take it for a test drive?”
“Yeah!” I said as I ran to the driver’s side of the beautiful car.

We both hopped in and I revved the engine a few times to hear the beautiful purr of my new car.
I pulled out of the driveway and started down the street.

“Where to?” I asked keeping my eyes on the road.
“You know what? You can drive me to work. I have some paper work to do and would like to get a jump-start on it. But do you think you can find your way home?” Bob said straightening his tie. I hadn’t even noticed he was in his ‘work clothes’.
“Sure I can.” I said smiling. “ But how will you get home?”
“I can either get a ride from a friend or I can take a bus that stops around the corner from home.” He replied.
“Sure, but which way should I go? There’s a fork in the road up here.” I stated slowing down and waited for the directions.
“Take a left and keep going for about 3 miles.” He directed pointing to the left.

About 15 minutes later we pulled into the parking lot of a huge brick building. It looked fairly new; it looked as if it didn’t belong where it was. Most of the buildings surrounding his were quite old.

“You can drop me off at the door over there.” Bob pointed to a pair of large doors with the numbers 353 on them.
“Sure thing.” I said pulling into a spot in front of the doors. “Wow, you even have a spot that has your name on it. Dr.Bryar. I like it.” I giggled.
Bob laughed as well. “Yeah, being head therapist here has its perks. Maybe you should take this spot someday. I could see you as a therapist Ms.Cook.”
“Me?” I questioned. “Yeah right. I couldn’t give advice if my life depended on it.”
“Well, you’re very good at listening to people, and understanding them.” He pointed out.
“That maybe true, but I can’t stand most people.” I laughed. “Now you get going. The paper work is waiting for you!”

Bob laughed and stepped out of the car. He waved as he entered the building, signaling it was ok for me to leave.
I pulled out of the large parking lot and headed back home.