Untitled

The Emails From Dad

I decided to put my shiny new car in the garage, for safety reasons.
"Hmm what can I do for fun around here?” I asked my self as I wondered around the house.

I was roaming around in my room and figured I would set up my laptop.
My dad has probably sent be 10 emails by now. Good thing I was good with computers, or else I would have no idea how to connect it with the Internet.
I signed on and went straight for my inbox, and sure enough there was mail from my dad.

“Hey honey! How was your flight? I hope it wasn’t too long! Well mail me back when you get this!
Love, Dad.”

That was the first of 3 emails.
The last one was pretty bad.

“Cherie? Why aren’t you replying to any of these? Are you okay? Did you make it to Uncle Robert’s ok? Please email me back!
Love, Dad”

Yeah, my Dad worries a lot, so I decided to email back so he wouldn’t have a stroke or something. I don’t know why he didn’t try calling my cell phone. Oh right, I didn’t turn it on.

“Dad! Everything is fine! I’m sorry I didn’t email back. I just set up my computer today. I’m fine, I slept through basically the whole flight and I got to Uncle Bob’s perfectly safe. And you won’t believe what he bought me! A car Dad! He bought me a Mustang, the one I’ve always wanted! And I start school tomorrow so I might not be able to mail you everyday. I love you! I’ll mail when I can.
Love, Cherie.”

Well I hope he doesn’t freak out about the car thing. He shouldn’t because he really trusts my Uncle. He is my mom’s brother after all. I think my mom’s death really took a toll on my Dad. He hasn’t been the same since. And I’m trying my best to get over it, but there are still those nights that I will cry my self to sleep. But it doesn’t happen that often anymore. Maybe Bob bought me the car to get my mind on something else, I don’t know. But I am very grateful to have a loving uncle such as Bob.

After sending mail to some of my friends back home I rummaged through my bag to find my cell phone. I turned it on and plugged it in for it to charge because its battery was almost dead.
I looked at the clock and noticed it was almost 2. I decided that I should make some lunch because I was starving.
I was going through the fridge and found some deli meats to make a sandwich.
I made my sandwich and sat on the couch in the living room to watch TV and eat my lunch. I was going through the channels and found one of my favorite movies was on, Donnie Darko. And Lucky me it was just starting. I have seen this movie so many times its not even funny. In order to figure out what happened I had to go on the website and play a game type thing. It was very odd but I finally know what happened, I think.
The movie ended and I was a little drowsy, after all, the movie was almost 2 hours long. So I went upstairs and picked out the clothes I would wear for tomorrow: My skinny jeans, my favorite band tee, and a black Johnny Cupcakes hoodie.
I straightened my hair and was trying to decide on how to style it. I just gave up and decided I would just side part it tomorrow.
I walked back downstairs and heard the phone ring.

“Bryar’s residence, this is Cherie.”
“Hey Cherie it’s Uncle Bob. And you know you don’t have to answer the phone like that!” He laughed.
“Oh, ok. What’s up?”
“Oh nothing much, I just wanted to let you know that I will probably be home late. I underestimated the amount of paper work I have. So you can eat dinner with out me. If you want take-out there’s money behind the cookie jar, and there’s menus in the door next to the fridge.”
“Ok, so I guess I’ll see you in the morning then?”
“Yeah, sleep well!”
“Thanks, I’ll see you tomorrow.”
“Ok, bye bye.”

After hanging up the phone I looked at the clock to see that it was already 6. I wasn’t really hungry so I went in to Bob’s office/library to look at the books he had. I was going through the books when I pulled out a book that looked interesting. It was called Darkly Dreaming Dexter * good book *. The book was about a man who worked for the Miami Police as a Blood Splatter analysis, but by night he was a serial killer.
I plopped onto my bed and started reading. I was on about the maybe 5th chapter when I fell asleep.