Untitled

Wake Up, And Get Your Butt To School!

I woke up to the loud sound of my beeping alarm clock. I looked over to see the neon green numbers read 7:30 am. School started around 8, so I had a half an hour to do whatever I needed to.

“Cherie are you up yet?” I heard Bob yell from downstairs.
“Yeah, yeah I’m up!” I said as I rolled out of bed but fell off instead of landing on my feet. “Ouch!”
“Are you ok? You didn’t fall again did you?” Bob laughed from downstairs.
“Maybe!” I giggled as I started to get changed. I brushed my hair and side parted it like I told myself I would last night and made sure it was perfect.

I brushed my teeth and walked downstairs to see Bob was already getting ready to leave for work. I grabbed an apple from the fridge and started to eat it.

“You know how to get to the school right? We passed it on the way here.” Bob said pulling on his jacket.
“Yeah I remember. I already have my back pack and stuff in the car as well.” I said munching my apple.
“Ok then, I’ll see you tonight! Have a good first day!” He said walking out the front door.
“Ok thanks!” I replied hoping I would have a good first day. To tell you the truth I was pretty nervous.

I threw away my apple core and glanced at the clock, 7:45. Good, 15 minutes, just enough time to get to school and check it or whatever. I pulled on my hoodie and black and white converse. I walked into the garage and jumped into the car making sure I had my backpack and papers to get registered at the school. I turned on the heat, for it was a little cold, and backed out into the street.
The drive to school took about 10 minutes; I pulled into the parking lot and found a perfect spot. I locked my car and headed toward the front office, well that’s what the sign said anyway. People were arriving as I walked into the office. I walked up to the desk where a fairly old woman sat writing notes into the computer.
She noticed me standing there.

“Hello can I help you?” She asked with a smile.
“Yes I’m Cherie Cook and I need to register.” I said as politely as I could.
“Oh yes, your Uncle called this morning. He told me the classes you would like to take.”
“He did? Oh that was very nice of him.”
“Here is your schedule and a map. If you need help you can ask any of the students, they are all very nice.”
“Thank you very much.”
“Any time dear. Good luck today.”

And with that I was off to my first class. I knew what I wanted to major in, which was a plus. I really want to become a lawyer, although, Bob wants me to follow in his and my mother’s footsteps and be a Therapist. But I can’t deal with my own problems let alone any one else’s.
I finally found my first class, in room number 7.
I sat down in a random seat and noticed the most beautiful human being sitting next to me. He had shoulder length black hair and beautiful pale skin. But the weird thing was. His hands were balled into firsts, so tight that his knuckles were turning white. He was slowly leaning away from me as well. It was kind of creeping me out. It was almost as if he was afraid of me. I don’t think I’m that scary… Am I?