Untitled

The First Day

I couldn’t stop looking at him through out the whole class. I actually think he caught me staring a few times. I took a glance at his books and finally found out his name: Gerard Way. The bell for lunch rang breaking my train of thought, and of course I hadn’t taken any notes.
I got into the lunch line and grabbed a salad and a soda. I was looking for a place to sit when a tall girl with long brown hair called me over to her.

“Cherie! Cherie Cook!” She called.
I walked over wondering how she knew my name.
“Umm hi?” I said, curious as to whom this person was.
“Hi, I’m Taylor! This is Ashley, Emily, Jake, and Tori.” She pointed to each person at the table.
“Want to sit with us?” Jake asked.
“Umm sure. And how did you know my name?” I asked taking a seat next to I believe was Emily. I’m not good with names, except his name stuck out very clearly in my head: Gerard Way.
“Oh everyone knows who you are. You’re the shrink’s niece! Bob Bryar?” Ashley added.
“Oh yeah he’s my uncle. Jeez I didn’t know he was famous or anything.” I laughed taking a bite of my salad.
“Well he’s not really famous, but this is a small town, so basically everyone knows everyone.” Tori laughed.
“So how do you like it here?” Emily asked as she sipped her lemon aide.
“Pretty good so far.” I said looking around. Then I saw him. He was sitting at a table with about four other people. They all had pale skin just as he did, and they were all unusually beautiful.
Ashley must have caught me staring. “Hello? Earth to Cherie!”
“What? Oh sorry.” I sighed. “Who are those kids over there? If you don’t mind me asking.”
“Oh those are the Way’s. Some of them are adopted though. Except the tall one with the glasses and brownish hair, Mikey, and the one with the long black hair, Gerald I believe-“ Taylor started to explain
“Gerard.” I corrected.
“Oh you’ve met him?” Tori raised an eyebrow.
“No I had class this morning with him, he was acting very strange.” I explained.
“Oh, yeah, they’re all a bunch of odd kids.” Emily giggled.
“Well any way, those are the ones who aren’t adopted.” Taylor added. “And the big muscular type one is Ray, the really small one with the black and pinkish hair is Frank, and the tall girl is Mollie.”
“That’s a lot of kids to look after.” I noted.
“Yeah, well they’re rich and stuff so the parents must hire a babysitter or something.” Jake joked.
The bell for lunch to end rang and we all stood up collecting our things.
“Hey sit with us tomorrow too Cherie?” Tori asked.
“Sure.” And I gave her a smile.

The rest of the day went by extremely slow, and come to find out I had most of my classes with Gerard. I didn’t sit next to him in most of them because I thought that would be a little suspicious. But I did still stare at him some of the time. It was amazing how flawless he was. His black hair that was as dark as oil, his chalk white complextion, and his beautiful hazel eyes, which seemed to change colors dazzled me. He basically took my breath away, cheesy I know, but it’s the only way I can explain it.

“And don’t forget to read pages 15-45 class!” My teacher reminded us as the class exited out of the small classroom. Great just what I need, homework.

I walked out to the parking lot and threw my stuff in my car. I jumped in and revved the engine; damn I love that noise. I looked in my rear-view mirror to back out, and saw him standing there with I think Mikey? And he was waiting for something, I just couldn’t tell what. I ignored him the best I could and focused on not denting my beautiful new car. I pulled right past him and on to the street. I breathed a sigh of relief, as I was on my way back home to start my huge load of homework I wish would just disappear.