Untitled

Homework and Dinner

I walked in to the house to find Bob reading in the living room.

“How was your first day?” He asked looking up from the book.
“Pretty good actually.” I smiled putting my backpack down and sitting in the chair next to him.
“Really? Make any friends?” He put his blue bookmark in place and set the book down.
“I did actually, there’s Taylor, Ashley, Emily, Tori, and Jake.” I explained.
“Wow you did pretty good for your first day.” He joked.
“Oh and there’s this weird kid in most of my classes. He was acting really strange.” Normally I wouldn’t tell Bob all this but hey, it was my first day!
“Do you know what his name is?” Bob asked raising an eyebrow.
“Gerard Way.” I answered, hoping he could tell me who this beautiful boy was.
“Ah, yes. The Way’s are a very..” Bob searched for the word. “Different, type of group.”
“Yeah, I noticed they were.” I could feel the awkwardness creeping up on to the conversation. “Well, I have a lot of homework so I’m going to get started. I’ll see you for dinner?”
“Sure. I’m glad you had a nice day!” Bob said, flashing me a big smile. I returned the smile and grabbed my stuff by the door.
Upon reaching my room I sat at my desk and pondered which subject to start first.
I decided to take the easy way out and grab a random book from my bag…
“Oh joy, time to read pages 15-45!” I said sarcastically to myself as I opened to page 15 and started reading.

I finished my homework in about an hour and a half, two hours tops. I walked downstairs to find Bob stirring pasta in a pot on the stove.

“Hey, I was just about to tell you dinner would be ready in about 10 minutes.” Bob said seeing me walk down the spiral staircase.
“I guess I just have magic powers like that.” I smiled as he laughed at my odd joke. “What’s for dinner?”
“Pasta, with my totally secret sauce.” Bob laughed as he put spices into his ‘secret sauce’, which we all knew was canned sauce.
“Oh its definatly a secret Bob Dazzler.” I laughed and got us each a coke from the fridge.

Bob drained the pasta in the strainer and put it on a serving plate. He put the ‘secret sauce’ in a pretty bowl and placed it on the table, along with the pasta. He sat down across from me and served himself and I some of the steaming pasta.

“Did you finish all your homework?” Bob asked, as he was finishing up his coke.
“Yeah, surprisingly. I never thought we would get so much!” I sighed as I pushed my pasta around on my plate.
“I remember back when I was in school, we hardly ever got homework, besides a few papers once in a while. But that was mostly it.” He explained as he stood and took my plate and his and dumped them in the sink.
“Lucky.” I rolled my eyes dramatically making him laugh.
Bob took a glance at the clock.
“Ok ok! I’m going to bed relax!” I giggled.
“I swear, sometimes you can read my mind!” Bob laughed as well.
“Goodnight!” I called walking up the staircase, being sure not to fall. Surprisingly, instead of being afraid of elevators like most people, I’m afraid of stairs... isn’t that sad?
“Night then!” Bob said with a wave, and he retreated into the den.

Crawling into bed I thought about today, and what school might be like tomorrow. But one thing was for sure, I was hoping I would see Gerard again, and I was hoping that I would work up the courage to talk to him.
That night, I dreamt of Gerard for the first time…


I was sitting on a wooden bench in a beautiful park, with birds chirping, and children playing by the duck filled pond. I was swinging my feet when I heard a laugh come from across the park. And there he was, he was laughing as he watched the children chase the ducks. His laugh was so beautiful, like a song. His face glowed in the afternoon sun; his hair was amazingly shiny, and flawless. He apparently felt that I was staring, so he looked up, and stared back. I smiled and waved, and his smile faded, he started walking towards me. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest. I stood as he approached me, still with no facial expression at all.
“Hi, I’m Cherie.” I offered my hand to him, but he didn’t shake it. He just kept staring at me.
“Watch out. I’m more dangerous than you think.” He said with a smirk….


“Cherie get up!” I awoke to Bob yelling for me downstairs. “You’re going to be late!”
“Aww I was having a good dream!” I yelled back, but got out of bed anyway and quickly got ready.
Whizzing downstairs I grabbed a banana instead of taking the time to eat a bowl of cereal.
I said goodbye to Bob and raced to my car. I thought about my dream.
“What did he mean by He’s more dangerous than I think?” I asked my self as I finally made my way into the parking lot of the dreaded New Jersey School.