Untitled

A Day With An Invitation

I collected my books from my back seat and sighed as I walked to my first class.
I took my seat, but frowned when I noticed Gerard was not seated next to me, I casually looked around to see if he sat somewhere else but he was no where to be found.
The same thing happened in the rest of my classes I usually shared with him; he was no where in sight. I guess you could say I was pretty sad that Gerard hadn’t been in school today.
I was doodling on my notebook as the bell for lunch rang. I was in line when I realized that Tori had asked me to sit with them again. Hey, at least I had a few friends. I smiled when I found them sitting at the same table, in the exact same seats.

“Hey Cherie!” Ashley greeted me with a smile.
“Hey guys.” I smiled as I sat down. I looked at the table where I last saw Gerard, but to my disappointment the whole table was empty.
“How’s your second day going?” Jake asked sipping his milk.
“Good. Say, where are the Way’s?” I asked trying to hardly sound interested.
“Oh, I don’t know. Sometimes they just don’t show up for days at a time. I think they go hiking or something, they’re very outdoorsy type.” Taylor explained.
“Really? I never pinned them as people who like the outdoors.” I seriously didn’t think they liked the outdoors, they were all so pale. They looked like they have never seen the light of day.
I was rambling on to myself in my head for a while, but the bell rang signally that lunch was over. “ So I guess I’ll see you guys tomorrow?” I asked hoping to be invited back again.
“Of course!” Emily said with a smile, as we all departed our ways.

To my surprise my next few classes flew by, most likely because all I thought about was him. The surprises didn’t stop there either... I hardly got any homework! I was thrilled.
My final class ended and I walked to my locker and put away the books I wouldn’t need. I was locking everything up when Ashley walked up to me.

“Hey!” She said cheerfully.
“Hi.” I returned with a smile.
“The whole group of us wants to know if you wanted to come to the movies with us Thursday, since we don’t have school Friday. We’re going to see that really gory flick though. So if you don’t want to come we understand.” She offered with a huge grin.
“Sure, I’d love to come. I like gory stuff myself.” I was truly excited about this! At my old school I didn’t have a lot of friends, they basically left me alone and called me weird and what not. But this was great!
“Awesome! Here’s my number, call me if anything changes, ok?” Ashley said as she scribbled her number down on a piece of paper and handed it to me.
“Alright, I’ll see you tomorrow!” I waved and headed to my car.

Well Bob will be happy to hear about this. He was always concerned about me not having any friends back home. He always offered for me to come stay here during the summers to make some friends, but I didn’t want to make the journey, or make friends I probably wouldn’t see again. But this was exciting, I know it sounds desperate, but I was happy I had made friends so quickly… unless they want to use me for something. I started to worry about that... What if they just wanted to use my car, or come to my house to use stuff that they would only dream of owning? No, I have to think positively. If they wanted to use me, they wouldn’t have suggested a movie...they would have suggested a slumber party at my house or something, well excluding Jake of course. Speaking of Jake, I think him and Taylor are going out, I always see them around each other, sitting quite close to each other in classes and what not. Oh well, I’d rather be with someone else any way. I think you know whom I’m talking about…
I was so focused on thinking about my random thoughts that I almost passed Bob’s house. I immediately slowed down and pulled into the garage. Grabbing my bag, I walked into the house to be greeted by my Uncle Bob and a man that looked very familiar to me.