Status: active, i'll update as often as possible

Tell Me That You're Mine

Birthday Girl

Sydney's POV

"This party is crazy!" I yelled to Kendall, who was dancing in front of me, smiling llike a crazy person.
"It's all for you!" He kissed my forehead before going back to dancing. I honestly couldn't believe that him and the guys had done this for me, it was seriously the best party ever.
Carlos ran up a minute later, tapping Kendall's shoulder with a huge.smile.
"It's time!" He announced.
"Time for what?" I asked, but they both ignored the question.
"Be back soon." Kendall smiled, kissing me softly and then turning around to follow Carlos.
"Wait...where are you going!?" I yelled to their retreating figures. They didn't turn around and answer, but I hadn't really expected them to.
Had I not been so caught up in the party, the bass of the music pounding in my ears, my friends from school all around me grinding like it was homecoming, I would've easily put two and two together and figured out what was happening next before it did.
The music stopped after the current song, which confused me again, before four of my favorite guys on the planet walked onstage.
Each of them had a microphone, and stools had been set up for them. Kendall spoke first. "Happy birthday to my girlfriend, Sydney."
There was a chorus of "awe!" And then Kendall started strumming his guitar, playing the first few notes of the infamous happy birthday song. All four of them began harmonizing the words and then the rest of the partygoers joined in, and I stood in the crowd silently, my face bright red and somehow, all eyes had found me.
When they finished with the happy birthday song, I clapped for them before they announced their next song choice.
"We're gonna sing Stuck next, okay?" James suggested.
The crowd gave a roar of approval and Kendall once again strummed the first few notes before James started the lyrics.
I pushed my way through the crowd, right in front of the stage. It wasn't that difficult, they realized who it was and stopped pushing back, most even made way for me to go through.
Logan was singing his verse when I made it to the front row. I put my hands up and moved them from left to right. James saw and did it, making the whole crowd respond by mimicking him.
"I don't want to keep you guessing, but I always keep on getting stuck, stuck and I'm never giving up, up." James finished.
"One more!" I screamed as they thanked the crowd and began to move off the stage. They all smirked, knowing it was me who yelled it out.
"Can't deny the birthday girl, right?" Logan chuckled into the microphone. The crowd roared again.
They stood in a little huddle, trying to decide what song to sing next. They nodded their heads and walked back to their seats. Without speaking, the speakers started playing the instrumental version of my favorite song, at the right time, they all started singing.
"Cause the world stops when I put my arms around ya, around ya oh whoa and nothing even matters, aye, nothing even matters."
They performed the whole song, dancing and all, and they all sounded flawless.
Kendall's smile never left his face, knowing that this was my favorite song. I was sure that's why they chose this one.
I waved my hands around in the air, singing along, especially Kendall's part.
When they thanked the crowd once more and walked offstage, I was sure I was the loudest one screaming.
I ran over to the where they were leaving the stage and jumped into Kendall's arms. He held me close, his breathing still heavy from his performance.
"Thank you." I was able to choke out a minute later. I was honestly the happiest I had ever been.
"There's still more surprises to come." He promised. I looked nervous, I'm sure, because all four if the guys started laughing.
"No more surprise performances right?" I asked.
"Nope." Kendall kissed the top if my head.
"Is the party almost over?" I wondered aloud.
"Well technically it was over about a half hour ago. If you want to go home we can." Kendall answered.
"Can we?" I asked hopefully. They all chuckled.
"Sure."
We made our way around the room saying goodbye to everyone for another fifteen minutes, and then the two of us got into my truck and sped towards the house.
Once ad got there, it was really quiet, such a change from the loud club.
"I'm so tired." I stated.
"Me too. Do you want your presents now or later?"
"You got me presents!?" I asked excitedly. He nodded.
"Hmmm, now. No! Later. No now. Yes, now." I concluded.
"Okay," he smiled, picking up his guitar and strummed a few notes I didn't recognize.
He sung the unfamiliar words passionately. His eyes closed as he strummed on his guitar. I was lost in the song, a goofy smile on my face.

Wait, you're just the girl I'm looking for, I thought that I'd stop by to just say hi, And see how you're doing, don't hesitate, It seems to me, we're meant to be. Well maybe I should leave, I should leave. I don't like rushin' into this kind of thing

Well it's time for me to say just what I came here for. And you know, and you know. I can't wait any longer. And you know, and you know. I can't wait anymore.

Cause I'm in love with you baby, So I'll put it in a love letter. it's yes-no, not maybe. Can we get in the same boat together? I've been goin' crazy when I think about you. Cause the hardest thing I'll ever have to do is to tell you.

Girl, maybe all that I can say, Is I'm infatuated with the way move and how you sway. I can't breathe when your eyes shoot me a glance. Just half a chance is all I need To see that you and me can leave around away.

Well it's time for me to say just what I came here for. And you know, and you know, and you know. I'm not movin'. And you know, and you know. Got my foot in the door.

I'm in love with you baby, So I'll put it in a love letter. it's yes-no, not maybe. Can we get in the same boat together? I've been goin' crazy when I think about you. Cause the hardest thing I'll ever have to do is to tell you."

I'm in love with you baby, So I'll put it in a love letter. it's yes-no, not maybe. Can we get in the same boat together? I've been goin' crazy when I think about you. Cause the hardest thing I'll ever have to do is to tell you.

Cause I'm in love with you baby, So I'll put it in a love letter. it's yes-no, not maybe. Can we get in the same boat together. I've been goin' crazy when I think about you. Cause the hardest thing I'll ever have to do is to tell you.

I'm in love with you baby, So I'll put it in a love letter. it's yes-no, not maybe. Can we get in the same boat together? I've been goin' crazy when I think about you. Cause the hardest thing I'll ever have to do is to tell you."


When he finished the song, I took the guitar off his lap and set it down gently before I jumped on him. I straddled his hips and kissed him hard on the mouth. I felt him smile through the kiss but I didn't pull away.
Kendall was someone who always amazed me. I couldn't even begin to explain the pure happiness I felt whenever I was around him. He was the perfect guy for me, and this kiss reflected what I was feeling towards him. Love.
"What was that for?" He wondered aloud when I pulled away. I just looked at him. "Not that I didn't thoroughly enjoy it," he chuckled.
"This whole birthday has been the best. I honestly think you're the best thing that has ever happened to me." I kissed him again, just a light peck on the lips this time. He smiled widely at me, obviously ecstatic with my answer.
"I have something else for you." He cleared his throat nervously. He pulled a little box out of his pocket, too big to be a ring.
He handed it to me, keeping his eyes on me to judge my reaction. I opened it up and gasped.
"This is beautiful." I choked out.
"I thought you'd like it." He seemed relieved.
"I love it, Kendall." I breathed, pulling it out of the box, eager to put it on.
"Let me help you." He suggested when he saw what I was trying to do. I was still straddling his hips, so I stood up and sat on his lap facing the other way. I held my hair up while he clasped the necklace behind my head, letting it fall once it was finished. It felt natural there.
I leaned back on him and he wrapped his arms around me, leaning his head against my back.
"I'm tired." I sighed.
"Me too," He agreed.
"Do you wanna go lay down?"
"Sure."
So I pulled him off the couch and walked upstairs holding his hand. Once we got there, I noticed he had nno pajamas.
"Do you want something to sleep in? I have sweatpants that are huge on me." I offered.
"Yeah, that'd be nice." He chuckled.
I got the huge sweatpants out of my dresser and threw them to him. "You go change in the bathroom, I'll change while you're gone." I shooed him out and changed into a pair of black soffee's and an old blue Dodgers shirt my dad got me when he traveled to California.
Kendall came back with the sweatpants on and nothing else. I was already lying in my bed, the covers pulled over me.
"C'mon." I patted the empty spot next to me. He threw his jeans and shirt on the ground next to his shoes and crawled in next to me.
"Hey gorgeous." He whispered when he was in the bed.
"Hi," I breathed, scooting in closer to him. We were facing each other so I wrapped my arms around him and he did the same. I kissed him unexpectedly.
"Thank you again, for the best birthday ever. And for being the best boyfriend." I whispered.
"You're welcome, love." He whispered back, and then kissed my forehead. "Now go to sleep, you're exhausted."
A while later I woke up from the sound of muffled voices from downstairs. Everyone was just getting home from the party. My bedroom door opened and light flooded my room. I closed my eyes and pretended I was asleep. I was too tired for conversation.
"Awe! Honey, come look at this!" My mom gushed to my dad, i'm sure. I heard him trudge up the stairs and imagined him peer into my room to see his only daughter 'asleep'in the arms of a guy. I'm sure the look on his face was not one of approval.
"Doesn't he have somewhere to be? Why are they sleeping together?" He grunted.
"Give it a rest, Rick. It's her birthday." My mom sighed. Why she called him over in the first place, I have no idea.
"So that makes it okay?" He said, sounding exasperated.
"They're not doing anything, they're just sleeping! Go away, you're gonna end up waking them with your rediculous assumptions." She sounded annoyed.
"Maybe I should wake them up." He responded, completely ignoring my mom's whole argument.
"Stop. He's leaving tomorrow. Let her sleep next to her boyfriend who she won't see for who knows how long. She deserves it." My mom was the one who always thought her descisions through. I was thankful for that now, but I wish I hadn't heard it.
I had temporarily forgotten about him leaving tomorrow.
"Fine." He sighed and turned away, stomping down the stairs like a five year old who was just told 'no' for the first time.
I held back a sigh and repositioned myself closer to Kendall. As I fell back asleep, I felt the heart necklace dangling against my chest and clutched him tighter.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO! Hoped you guys enjoyed.
In case you didn't know, the song Kendall sung is called Love Letter by Heffron Drive, which is the band Kendall is in with his friend Dustin Belt. I know it's not even near an acoustic song but I felt like it was a good song for the situation.
Anyway, I was wondering what you guys thought about the pov changes. Should I just leave it as Sydney or keep switching between her and the other girls? I'm gonna do a lot between Kendall and Sydney because you'll need to know what's going on with Kendall when he leaves so, yeah. So just let me know what you guys think. Oh and i have a picture of the necklace that I will link to whenever I can.
Sooooooo, hope you guys liked, comment and let me know what you're thinkinnn.
Thankssssss<3