Status: active, i'll update as often as possible

Tell Me That You're Mine

I'll See You Later

When i woke up the next morning, I was still extremely tired. I just laid there for a long time until I realized Kendall wasn't there next to me. I started to freak out, my brain being completely irrational making me think that maybe he had left without waking me. I jumped out of bed quickly and threw open my door, running downstairs frantically. He was in the kitchen cooking breakfast, still wearing only my sweatpants. I could smell the bacon cooking, and he was at the stove flipping some eggs. I guess my parents had both already left for work. I relaxed instantly and pulled out the stool at the counter to sit down. He jumped at the sound of the stool.
"Well good morning." He chuckled, going back to making the eggs. I leaned my elbow on the counter and held my chin up with my hand, just watching him cook. Whenever he moved, the muscles in his back moved too, and I just sat there staring. He turned around and caught me looking, his eyebrows raised.
"Nice view." I shrugged. He smirked and put down the spatula, turning around to search for two plates. "Above the sink."
He grabbed them and set them down next to the stove and put the eggs on the plates. Two for each of us, and then divided the bacon.up equally.
"Forks?" he asked.
"Right there." I pointed. He found the drawer and picked up two, putting one on each plate before putting mine on front of me and then sitting next to me.
"Why thank you." I smiled, leaning over to kiss him.
"You're welcome." He picked up a piece of bacon.
"Normally I'd help you cook, but I decided I liked it." I said, looking at my food.
"You liked what? Watching me cook?" He chuckled.
"No, the idea of you cooking for me." I smiled at him serenely. He kissed me as his response.

We didn't talk about him leaving. We were having such a good day together that we avoided the subject completely.
After breakfast, he put his clothes back on from last night and I got dressed in shorts and a vans vneck shirt and some sandals.
"Lets go get some clean clothes for you?" I suggested once we were dressed.
"Good idea." He agreed. We got into my truck and he directed me to the hotel they were staying at.
"Kendall!" I heard as I followed him into the door he opened to his room, and then, "Sydney!" When the guys caught sight of me.
"Hey guys." Kendall greeted them. I just smiled and waved.
"You wanna hang out here while I go get some clothes?" He suggested.
"That's fine." I smiled up at him.
"I'll be right back." He promised.
I plopped on the couch between James and Logan as Kendall walked away. There was a music video countdown show on MTV, but they weren't paying it any attention.
"So, Sydney." Logan started.
"You and Kendall have fun last night?" James finished while the other two laughed, James wiggling his eyebrows at me.
I smacked him in the arm.
"So you did!?" He exclaimed.
I smacked him again.
"So you didn't?" Logan asked.
I smacked him this time.
"Well!?" Logan defended himself.
"We had fun, but not like that." I sighed.
"But...?" James gestured for me to continue.
"But what? There's nothing to tell." I shrugged.
"Ooh look, Demi Lovato is number twelve." Carlos pointed at the tv, turning everyone's attention to the music video.
I thanked Carlos silently for the distraction and watched Demi sing Skyscraper, waiting for Kendall to change so we could leave.
"Ready?" He walked out of the back room wearing a green and black flannel shirt rolled up to his elbows with a white tee underneath and black jeans with his black vans.
"Yep." I jumped up. He took my hand and began to walk me out.
"Oh okay guys, don't say bye or anything!" James called.
I turned around and waved. "Bye guys!"
"Bye!" The three of them replied simultaneously.
By the time we left there, it was noon. We went to random places, driving around town trying to find places to go. Somehow we ended up at the local park that had a trail around a big pond with ducks. There were people throwing wads of bread to the ducks, joggers running past us sweating themselves away, and middle schoolers riding their bikes where they shouldn't, doing what they thought were the coolest BMX tricks. We just walked along the path holding hands and talking about anything.
"So who's your favorite in the band?" He asked me when we passed yet another elderly person throwing bread.
"You." I smiled up at him.
"That's a relief." He said sarcastically. I laughed at his expression. "Other than me."
"Hmm. I don't know." I thought for a minute. "Can I tell you something without it being weird?"
"Of course." He chuckled.
"Well before I knew you, and you were just hot guys in a band, I always liked you and Logan the most." I laughed, looking at the ground.
"So basically you're telling me you think Logan is sexy?" He smirked.
I laughed loudly. "I guess. But i'll always pick you over him. Always did, you can even ask Belle." I smiled.
"Good." He stopped me to kiss me in the middle of the path.
"Ew dude, seriously?" A kid on a bike flew by.
"Get a room." His friend agreed.
We just laughed at him.
We were kids in love.

After we left the park, we went to a local place for lunch. It was already about two thirty, so the lunch crowd had died down and there were only a few people other than us.
"Can I get a cheeseburger and fries?" I asked the waitress, getting the same thing I always did.
"With a vitamin water?" She finished my order for me.
"With a vitamin water." I confirmed.
"And you, sweetie?" She asked Kendall. This waitress was my favorite, she was in her fifties at least, and was the sweetest thing. Her name was Sandy. She remembered my order every time i was here, which was often.
"I'll have the chicken tenders meal. With a sprite, please?" He asked politely. Sandy nodded.
"Of course." She smiled sweetly, grabbing our menus and going to put in our orders. We got our food quickly, and ate every bit of it.
Once again, he wouldn't let me pay for my own food, but I hadn't really expected him to.
Sandy stopped me on our way out, and whispered in my ear. "You sure got yourself a gorgeous one there, hun."
"I do." I agreed and thanked her again for the food.
Kendall took my hand again once we were outside and we took our time to get to the truck.
We took our time driving back to my house, blaring the radio and singing along to every song, him terrifically and me terribly.
When we got back to my house, we got comfortable on the couch. He took off the flannel and threw it on the other couch so he was in just his tshirt. We sat on the couch and just enjoyed each other's company, cuddled up close watching tv until his phone rang.
I already knew what whoever was on the other line would say, so I held him tighter.
"Mhmm, I know. Alright, bye." He sighed, hanging up the phone. I could feel tears already welling up behind my shut eyelids.
He didn't loosen his grip on me or try to pry me off him. He just held me tighter. The tears spilled over but i tried to hold in the sobs. I could feel them coming. There was nothing i could even bring myself to say. He was leaving. I had known this from the beginning. But i never thought it would feel like this.
"Syd." He said eventually. His voice sounded ragged, like he was holding back his emotions.
"I know." I choked out through the tears. I'm sure I sounded terrible. I still didn't move. I tried to look at the clock. The tears screwed up my vision, so I blinked a few times to see that it was already five. They were scheduled to be on the road by six.
Still he made no effort to move me off him. About fifteen minutes later, James' range rover pulled into the driveway. We both heard it, and his body went stiff. My tears turned into the sobs i'd been trying to hold back and he just rubbed my back trying to calm me. The knock on the door was the worst. I held onto Kendall so tightly like it would stop him from leaving. When the knock got no response, James walked in. I had no clue where he was because my face was buried in Kendall's chest, soaking his shirt in my tears.
"One minute." He plead with James.
"Okay." I heard James agree. I didn't think my arms could tighten any more, but they did. After a few more minutes of nothing but my sobs filling the air, Kendall sighed loudly. The kind of sigh you sigh when you try to stop yourself from crying.
"Sydney." His voice hitched in his throat.
I finally got myself to loosen my grip on him, holding back more sobs. I looked him in the eyes, and his normally gorgeous green eyes were rimmed with red.
"I don't want you to go." I croaked.
"I don't want to go." He frowned. "C'mon, we have to get up."
I sat up, my whole body protesting. He never let go of my hand. James had disapperared, probably went back to his car. We walked to the front door and just stood there.
"I will call you every single day. I will skype you whenever I have time. And I will text you 24/7." He promised.
I just nodded, not trusting my voice at all.
"Before you know it, I'll be right back here, or you'll be wherever we are." He promised again.
Again, I nodded.
"I love you, Sydney." He confessed. My sobs returned.
"I love you too, Kendall." I said through the tears. He smiled sadly.
I heard the range rover start and thought that James must have been getting impatient.
"I have to go now." His voice hitched again and he rubbed his eyes.
"I know." I smiled a sad smile. He cupped my face in his hands and kissed me softly.
"That's not a goodbye kiss. That's an 'I'll see you later' kiss." He promised.
"I'll see you later." I kissed him again. The horn honked, and I guessed James' patience was gone.
"I'll be thinkin about you." He told me.
"Worldwide?" I hoped.
"Worldwide." He confirmed.
He kissed me once more before he walked out the front door. I watched him get in the passenger side of the Range Rover and then he was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...very sad. You may think she cried too much, but I'm going by me, and if I was in this situation, I'd be in a ball on the ground bawling my eyes out.
Well maybe not that dramatic but I'd be devastated, Lol.
Anyway, let me know what you think. I have some plans for the next few chapters so hopefully it'll stay interesting enough. Tell me what you guys want to see happen!
Thanks for reading, as always <3