Status: active, i'll update as often as possible

Tell Me That You're Mine

Date Night

"I wonder if big time rush is on!" Belle exclaimed, plopping down on my living room couch. She grabbed the remote, clicked on the TV and turned it to Nickelodeon.
"It's on!" She yelled loudly. I screeched and dropped down on the couch beside her. She had decided to spend the night. She stayed at my house while I was on my date with Kendall, waiting for me to come home.
"Stop screaming, guys." My mom scolded us. I sighed.
"Sorry," We said in sync. I stood back up and got a pack of popcorn to throw in the microwave. As it was popping I walked back to the TV. James was orange, claiming it wasn't actually orange. "It's mangerine!" He said, doing a hand dance move thingy that I honestly can't describe.
"Here, lemme see the remote. I wanna see something." I said, holding my hand out. She handed it to me and I changed it to the setting where my Xbox was hooked up. I picked up the controller and navigated to Netflix, typing 'big time rush' in the search box. The results read,
SEASON ONE
SEASON TWO

They were both links, so I clicked on season one. There was a long list of episodes, and the first one read,
'BIG TIME AUDITION'
"You up for a BTR marathon?" I asked Belle. She smiled widely and bounced up and down. "Yes!"
I clicked the play option and went to get the popcorn. It had just begun to slow and was popping those last few kernels when I pulled it out. I poured the family sized bag into a huge bowl and grabbed us each a bottle of xxx vitamin water.
We settled into the couch and began our marathon.
"WAIT!" Belle yelled halfway into the first episode. "You never told me what happened on your date!" She slapped my arm. I sighed. I thought she had forgotten.
"Are you gonna tell me!?" She screeched when I hadn’t immediately launched into a detailed account of the date.
"SHUTUP!" My mom yelled at us again from the kitchen. I laughed at the shocked look on Belle's face and began.
"Well, you were here when I was getting ready...you curled my hair for me. You did my makeup all smoky eye and such." I said, reliving the night all over again in my head.

_____

The doorbell rang around ten after seven and I hadn't put my shoes on yet.
"Don't worry girls, I’ll get the door!" My mom called up the stairs sarcastically. We laughed. "Thanks mom, I’m not ready yet, so just have him wait down there - and don't scare him!" I called back. There was no answer, but I heard the front door creak open and muffled voices.
"Hurry, put your shoes on before she brings out your baby pictures!" Belle urged. I slipped my pedicured toes into the ridiculous high heels and stood up.
"Bag?" I asked Belle. She handed it to me and I walked to the full length mirror.
"Are you sure I look okay?" I smoothed out my skirt nervously.
"You look great, now go have fun!" She exclaimed.
I walked to my dresser and applied some last minute clear lip gloss. "Girl, you know how to walk in them heels." Belle observed.
"But I still don't like wearing them." I laughed.
"Go! Kendall's waiting downstairs!" She pushed my shoulder lightly when I didn't move.
"Okay, okay, I’m goin'." I laughed and went to the bedroom door. I opened it cautiously peering through the small crack. Kendall was facing away from me, talking to my mom, so I couldn't see what he was wearing very well. My mom spotted me and smiled. Kendall noticed and followed her gaze, until his eyes came to rest on me, only my head poking out the door.
"C'mon Syd, you guys don't have all night!" My mom laughed at my hesitation, knowing I was self-conscious when I got all dressed up. I heaved a sigh and pulled the door open all the way, stepping out into the hallway. I looked at my feet, not because I needed to, but because i didn't want to see my mom's or Kendall's initial reaction to the glammed up me, whether it was a good reaction or bad. I gripped the banister with one hand and walked as confidently as I could down the stairs. When I reached the landing I finally raised my eyes to meet theirs. Kendall was smirking, his eyebrows raised and his dimples showing. My mom was smiling proudly, looking like she was gonna cry. I shook my head at them and looked at my toes again. Kendall stepped forward and put one finger on my chin, lifting it up so i had no choice but to look into his magnificent green eyes.
"Sydney, you look gorgeous." He whispered before he kissed my forehead. I couldn't contain my smile.
"Thanks." Now that I could see him, i looked at his outfit. He was wearing dark pants that were just tight enough, a white V-neck with a black blazer over the top, and to no one's surprise, a black pair of vans. His hair was styled perfectly, but he probably just shook his head back and forth a few times to get it to lay across his forehead in the right way.
"You're not looking to shabby either." I laughed, poking his chest. He smiled, exposing his white teeth and dimples.
"Alright guys, pictures." My mom said, standing back. I sighed but obeyed. Kendall put his arm around my waist, pulling me close to his side. His thumb absently stroked the spot where it rested. I put my arm around his waist, leaning into his side slightly. My mom looked at us a second proudly before holding the camera up.
"Smile!" She called. I didn't have to be told, I'd been smiling since the second I saw Kendall. The flash blinded me momentarily and my mom called for another one.
"Goofy!" She exclaimed. I laughed and crossed my eyes while sticking my tongue out. The camera flashed again, and my mom stopped us from moving once again.
"Smiling again. Please?" She added on when she saw my face. I sighed, and Kendall squeezed me close to him. I looked up at him for just a second and he smiled at me reassuringly. I wrapped my arms around him like I was hugging him and he moved his arm to around my shoulders. We smiled at the camera one more time before my mom finally told us we could go.
"Don't be out too late. And be careful! And have fun!" She said as she was walking us out.
He opened the front door for me, holding it open until I was outside and then closing it behind him.
"I'm sorry about my mom...she's so..." I searched for the right word.
"Your mom is amazing." He smiled, "now I can understand where you get it from."
My face got warm from his simple compliment. We were walking down the long walkway to the driveway when he took my hand in his, lacing his fingers through mine. His hand was bigger than mine, warm, and comforting. I was unable to contain my smile once again. When we finally reached the driveway I stopped short, noticing the car parked in front of us, knowing it wasn't any of ours in the family.
"Is that yours!?" I exclaimed, too shocked to move any closer. A brand new Chevy Camaro - the newest edition- stood in front of us in all it's beautiful glory.
"Well not exactly," He laughed. "I rented it while we're in Florida."
"Ahhh, I understand." I said, trying to make it look like it didn't make me sad when he hinted that he wouldn't be staying. Because I shouldn't be sad. He's a singer that’s touring the world who I’ve only known for a couple days. It shouldn't upset me. But it did. I sucked it up and smiled.
"Man, I wish I had a car like this. It's so gorgeous!" I exclaimed.
"Yeah, it really is," he laughed. "But your truck is really nice too." He pointed out.
"This is true. My baby is gorgeous and reliable." I smiled at him and realized I was still stopped at the beginning of the driveway.
"You ready to go?" He asked, seeming to notice at the same time I did.
"Yeah!" I smiled widely while Kendall led me to the passenger side. He opened the door and waited until I was safely inside before shutting the door gently behind me. I began checking out everything in the car; it had a fancy stereo system with a touch screen monitor and seats that were legit the most comfortable things ever. He climbed in the driver's seat seconds later and buckled his seat belt. I had forgotten about mine, being so awestruck with the car and all, so I clicked mine in now. He put the keys in the ignition and started it up. The car wasn't loud, but it wasn't exactly silent either.
"What kind of engine does it have?" I asked, genuinely curious. He looked at me like I was crazy.
"What?"
"Nothing, nothing." He chuckled. "It has a V8."
"Ooooh, so it goes fast??" I smiled.
"It does indeed." He laughed, putting it into gear and reversing out of the driveway skillfully and then coasting down the street while playing with the radio.
"Are you good at everything? Dang." I sighed. He looked confused.
"Good at everything?"
"Uh yeah." I said, like he should know what I’m talking about.
"Like...?" He prompted.
"Well, you play the guitar," I ticked off one finger. "You sing," Two fingers. "You dance," three fingers. "You act," four fingers. "You can drive extremely well," five.
He cut me off. "Okay, okay, that's enough." He laughed. “I’m not good at all that stuff."
"Shutup, yes you are!" I said, pushing his shoulder lightly.
He smiled. "Whatever you say, then." I shook my head and changed the topic.
"How is the bass in this thing?"
He smiled mischievously. "Amazing." He put on a song I'd never heard before and turned up the volume. The bass shook the windows and the volume made it hard to talk loud enough to hear myself.
"This is crazy!" I yelled, laughing. He smirked at me and turned the volume down.
"Logan wants to take it instead of his but I’m not giving it up."
"He thinks he's a thug doesn't he?" I asked.
Kendall couldn't control his laughter.
"He knows he's hot, I mean. Like he knows if he wanted, he could pretty much have any girl that he wanted." I tried to clear up my question.
Kendall continued to laugh.
"What?" I said, not able to stifle a giggle.
"Nothing, nothing." He said when he could catch his breath. "It's just so true!"
There was a comfortable silence between us for a while. We rolled up to a red light and I couldn't hold it in anymore.
"Where are we going?"
"I'm not telling you. But you're gonna love it." He looked at me, leaning in. I closed the distance between us and kissed his soft lips briefly before pulling away.
"It's gonna be a good night." He whispered. He took my hand and laced his fingers in mine before he noticed the light had turned green and hit the gas.
About ten minutes later Kendall pulled into a driveway that looped in a circle around a large fountain. Right at the bend nearest the door there was a valet booth. Kendall stopped in front of it and shut off the engine. He left the keys in the ignition and stepped out of the car. I wasn’t sure what I should do, so I opened my door and got out. Kendall stood in front of me seconds later, laughing slightly.
"What?" I asked, confused.
"You were supposed to wait for me do I could be a gentleman and open your door for you."
"Oh." I frowned. "Sorry."
"It's okay. Now you know." He swooped in and kissed my cheek quickly before standing upright. He took my hand again and led me to the door, opening it and letting me walk through.
"Thank you!" I exclaimed, pretending to be shocked and putting my hand over my heart. He just smirked at me and shook his head.
"Table for two?" The waitress asked.
Kendall answered, "Yes," and the woman led us towards the back where there were a few open seats. The place was packed.
"Your waitress will be right with you guys." She flashed her smiled briefly before turning on her heel and charging towards what I was assuming as the doors to the kitchen. Minutes later, a girl that looked to be about my age showed up at the table.
"Hey guys, I’m Hailey. I'll be your server tonight." She recited as she placed the menus in front of us. She smiled at each of us before doing a double take on Kendall. "Can I start you guys off with something to drink?" She continued when she composed herself. I looked at Kendall, who was oblivious to the girl who just realized who he was.
"I'll just have a Sprite, please." I answered. She nodded at me, smiling.
"Can I get a Dr. Pepper, please?" Kendall smiled up at her politely.
She was most definitely star struck now if she wasn't before. She nodded and turned away quickly. I opened my menu and tried to find something that looked good.
"What are you having?" I asked when I looked up and noticed his menu was closed and he was staring into space. He looked at me when my question brought him back to reality.
"Oh, I’m gonna get the grilled chicken sandwich. It looks pretty good, right?"
I agreed, it did look pretty good. But i was craving a salad.
"This bacon ranch salad looks good. I think I'm gonna get that." I decided. I shut the menu before I could think twice about my choice and not be able to make up my mind. He smirked at me and closed his menu also. The waitress came back with our drinks and set them in front of us.
"Are you guys ready to order?" She asked, really not paying attention to anything but Kendall. I felt bad for her, honestly, because Kendall wasn't giving her a second glance. She was pretty, too - dark brown hair and caramel colored eyes. She had light freckles peppered across her nose and right under her eyes. Her lips were thin but her perfect teeth took center stage. She had a genuine smile, at least when it came to Kendall, that is. When she looked at me her smile lost all excitement.
Kendall insisted that i order before him, "Ladies first." He smiled, exposing his dimples. I sighed but complied. I wasn't used to guys treating me the 'old fashioned way'. I ordered quickly and Kendall followed.
"I'll have that right out for you. Can i get you an appetizer or something while you wait?" She suggested.
"Do you like mozzarella sticks?" Kendall questioned.
"I love mozzarella sticks!" I agreed, and he ordered us a plate to share.
"So how do you like it so far?" He asked hopefully.
"It's really nice!" I smiled encouragingly. "I just thought you'd be the kind of guy to take me to the fair or something like that for the first date." I shrugged. Out mozzarella sticks were already being set in front of us and I grabbed one, only now realizing my hunger when the food was in front of me.
He looked at me like he couldn't believe what i had just said. I raised my eyebrows as a question.
"Well, actually, i had originally planned to take you to the fair that just came into town but Logan said this would be better and then James agreed with him. So i decided on this." He frowned.
"Kendall. Honestly, this is great." I tried to get him to realize he didn't need to change to try to fit what i wanted.
"Really, do you think I would be here if I didn't like the way you were?" I waited a second and shook my head before he could answer, smiling. He smiled a little.
"Let's go to the fair tomorrow night. Date two." He suggested. I took it as a good sign. He was planning our second date when we were still in the middle of our first. The thought made me smile like a crazy person.
"Yes!" I agreed wholeheartedly. We talked about a lot before the food showed up. I found out his birthday was the same as my cousin's, November 2nd. He smiled mischievously when he realized my birthday was only a week away.
"No big birthday party?" He asked incredulously. "Even I'm not a big party person, but i go all out for birthdays!"
I shrugged. "I normally just go out to dinner for my birthday, nothing big. Party planning wears me out anyway."
He shook his head. "You are now good friends with the guys of big time rush. Your birthday will be far from mediocre this year." He said with a sure tone just as the food was being placed in front of us. I shook my head, knowing he was up to something and as soon as he got Logan, James, and Carlos in on the plan, there was no stopping them. I dug into my food, trying to stop myself from thinking about what crazy plan Kendall had brewing in his brain. He was smiling smugly because he knew i wasn't gonna try to intervene on his plans. We'd only known each other a few days, but we'd gotten so accustomed to each other's personalities so quickly that it was like we'd known each other forever. We ate our food pretty quietly, making small talk every now and then. It wasn't awkward like i had expected, but comfortable and relaxed. The music playing in the background sparked an easy conversation when i was about halfway finished with my meal.
"This kind of music makes me tired." I laughed.
"Yeah, me too." He agreed. "What do you normally listen to?"
"Uhmm, everything, pretty much." I shrugged, stabbing a piece of chicken with my fork.
"Yeah, me too. Although I'm honestly not too big a fan of country. But I listen to it sometimes." He concluded.
"You know, I never in a million years thought I’d actually be out to dinner with you. I've seen the show so many times and have the whole CD on my iPod. Oh, plus all the songs i could find from Heffron Drive." I paused.
"Wow," He smirked and looked down at his food. I thought i saw his cheeks get a little red, but i could've been seeing things.
"Is that weird for me to have told you that? I shouldn't have said that. That was creepy." I frowned and felt my face get hot. Great, now we were both blushing.
"No! I'm so glad you told me that! I really haven't met too many people who know about Heffron Drive, let alone have us on their iPods." He reached across the table to grab the salt as he spoke.
"Really? Well yeah, i guess. With big time rush overshadowing everything i can understand. Doesn't that get annoying?"
"Well to be honest, I try to not let it bother me. I mean, I've got this great opportunity set in front of me and to not be grateful for it would be ridiculous. But yeah, sometimes i wish i could just focus on Heffron Drive without having to deal with BTR. But at least the guys welcomed Dustin along with me."
"Yeah i heard about that. It’s really cool that you didn't just ditch him as soon as something better came along. It's good to be so loyal and caring." I finished the last bit of my meal and took a sip of my drink, noticing that Kendall was already finished.
"Thanks." He smiled at me sincerely. I nodded back at him happily.
"You ready to go?" He asked, picking up the check i hadn't noticed ever being dropped off. He pulled out a card from his wallet and dropped it on the table on top of the check.
"I got my food." I told him.
He laughed at me. "No you don't."
I sighed but decided not to argue the point. I had a feeling I wouldn't win anyway.
"Where are we going?" I asked a few minutes later. We were in his car, cruising down the road, right past the turn to get my house. He just smiled. "Being spontaneous is another one of my traits." He shrugged, not taking his foot off the gas. I sighed but couldn't hold back my smile. I leaned my head back on the seat and closed my eyes, enjoying the wind on my face. I only opened them when i felt the car slowing until it crawled to a stop. I sat up quickly but i wasn't able to see much in the darkness.
"Where are we?" I whispered.
He chuckled. "You've lived here your whole life and you still don't recognize the best place in the state?"
"Not when its dark and i can't see anything!" I laughed, only barely being able to see Kendall's smiling eyes. He turned to open his door and made his way around the car to open mine. It was still so dark out that my eyes had a hard time adjusting. The only thing i could see distinctly was the crescent shaped moon in the sky. When i was standing upright next to him he grasped my hand in his and led me forward until i felt the concrete dissolve into sand. My face broke into a smile. "The beach."
I reached down and unclasped my heels, ran to the car and placed them down next to the front tire before running back to Kendall. Now that I realized where I was, I could hear the waves breaking on the shore and against the rocks. I could hear people laughing in the distance and faintly see a glow from what could be nothing but a bonfire. Kendall took my hand again and led me further in the sand towards the water. I followed him happily, smiling up at him occasionally. He did nothing but smile at me in return and casually kiss my nose. When we made it to the water, my eyes had adjusted to the low light and i could actually see. The first wave that reached us sent a shock through my body. It was extremely cold compared to the warm air surrounding us. I shrieked like a five year old and ran out of the water.
"Kendall, the water is freaking cold!" I defended myself when he laughed at me. He had rolled his pants up to his knees and was still standing in the water like it was nothing. I frowned at him. "Seriously? Not even a whimper?"
He shook his head. "It's cold at first, but once you get used to it it's not bad at all." I sighed and walked slowly back into the water next to him.
"Better?" He asked with a smirk once i was next to him again. I squinted my eyes at him and stuck out my tongue. He just laughed and pulled me into a tight hug.
"Come on." He pulled me with him out of the water and plopped down into the soft sand. I sat next to him, close enough so that my leg was almost touching his. My legs were stretched out in front of me, crossed at my ankles, and my arms were behind me propping me up.
"Look at that." I heard Kendall mumble. I looked at him to see where he was looking. He was laying on his back, his hands folded behind his head keeping it out of the sand. He was staring up at the sky. I followed his gaze and gasped. The sky was full of stars, the moon bright in the middle. I smiled to myself. I felt Kendall scooting closer and i laid into him, tucking my arms up by my chest. He put his arm around me so i could place my head on his chest. I could hear his heart beating and feel his chest steadily rising and falling with his rhythmic breathing. He played with a strand of my hair as i watched the waves roll in. "Kendall, this is amazing."
"I'm glad you like it. I thought of this all on my own. No interference from any of the guys." I felt a chuckle rumble through his chest. I smiled up at him and he leaned down and kissed me softly on the lips.
"It really is incredible, though." I sighed contentedly.
"You know, being here with you...it's..."
"It's what?"
"It's perfect. I wish i could just stay here forever." He pulled in a deep breath and let it out slowly. I closed my eyes and wished he wouldn't say what i knew he was going to say.
"When are you leaving?" I asked before he could say.
"Less than a week." He continued to play with my hair, running his fingers through the strands. I kept my eyes closed and focused on trying to keep myself calm. I really didn't need to do something stupid like start crying. I had only known Kendall for a few days; i had no reason to be so attached to him.
"It sucks." He stated. He ran his other hand through his hair and sighed deeply again. "Sydney, why is this so difficult?"
I squeezed my eyes to hold back a tear. No. I wasn't gonna cry because i shouldn't be attached. He wasn't even my boyfriend.
"I don't know." I whispered.
"I feel like I've known you forever." Kendall said. "I-"
"What?" I wasn't able to raise my voice any louder than a whisper.
"I've never felt like this before."
"What does that mean?"
"Would it be completely pointless if i asked you to be my girlfriend?"
♠ ♠ ♠
agsudbaisubdhsaasdbhasuidkad!!
CLIFFHANGERS ARE GREAT, RIGHT?
Comment & lemme know whatcha think ((:
Ohh, and PLEASE message me if you have any suggestions about what should happen next. I'm actually stuck and i'm not sure how i should continue the story....
anyhooo, i hoped you enjoyed. this is actually my favorite chapter so far.. (':