Status: Active.

Thumbs

Fluffy

I opened my eyes as I heard the child call my name and run up to me. I had been sleeping happily, too. I purred as he pet me, softly closing my eyes again. He picked me up suddenly, scaring me a little. The way that he was holding me was uncomfortable, too; my feet were dangling in the air and he was grabbing me under my arms.

When he put me down, I went to the front door and began meowing. The lady master opened the door and I hurried outside.

As I made my way out onto the street, I smelt something unfamiliar. I followed the smell until I stopped outside a house. Although the humans always seem to say that ‘curiousity killed the cat’, I decided to let the curiousity get to me this time, hoping the saying wasn’t completely true.

I jumped onto the fence, hoping I could get a good view from here. Unfortunately, though, I could see nothing but plants. I fell into the yard, hoping for a way into the house.

At that moment, I heard something running towards me. I only realised that it was a dog when I could hear it barking. A beagle came galloping towards me, snarling it’s teeth. Looking for a place to hide, I scampered up a tree. After about five minutes of barking and scratching, the beagle finally decided that it was hopeless and walked away. I jumped down from the tree, spotting a doggy door that I could easily squeeze through.

“Bring him here,” I heard from another room. I continued to follow the scent until I found a cat sitting on a bed. Just as I was about to walk in, I noticed something that could have killed me; this cat had thumbs.

I heard footsteps and dashed into a laundry. Two fierce looking cats were pushing a man into the room. I didn’t quite understand how the cats could be that strong, but I continued to watch. One of the cats pounced on the man’s back, making him fall to the ground.

The cat that had been sitting on the bed grabbed a glass of water that had been sitting on the bedside table. The cat dropped a few weird looking items into the water, turning it black. After saying a few inaudible words, the water changed to a golden colour. Grabbing it with one of his paws, he limped to the end of the bed, jumping off and putting the glass in front of the man.

“Drink it,” the cat told him.

“Wha-”

“I said drink it!” the cat bit the man. He released one of his arms and shakily grabbed the water. After downing it all, he looked like he was going to spew it back up. Soon enough, though, the man limply fell to the ground.

“Is he dead?” asked one of the stronger looking cats.

“You idiot,” the leader cat replied, “of course he’s not! The humans are weak. It happens to all of them. When he wakes up, he’ll be under our spell. And, if this works, then we can enchant the whole population of humans and the world will be ours!”

I was scared of this. I didn’t want my owners to become brainwashed. These cats with thumbs were new to me and, with them living so close to me, it was a big threat. I quickly and quietly ran out of the house, wanting to get home to protect my family.

They were all that mattered now.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first chapter! :D

So I hope you guys like this, even though it's a bit short and not that great. I'm not going to stop writing this one >:D

Anyways, please comment to tell us what we think. That's right, there's two of us.
xxTeza