Status: Will continue, if you comment

I Know What You Are

Torolf Maktaou

PAMELA'S POINT OF VIEW

I thought I heard a howl from outside. I got up from the kitchen chair I was sitting at, pushing my dog back inside the house with my foot, and stepped out on the porch.
Nothing. I probably just imagined it.

Just I stepped in the door, I heard a murderous scream from not far away. The blood drained away from my face and I remembered it was a full moon today. I shut the door and hurriedly placed a chair at the doorknob. My heart was beating like crazy. I looked at my uncle who was asleep in the cot at the side of the room. I took my long red knife and sat down near the edge. My uncle would be defenseless, him having such a high fever. My dog crawled up beside me, him shaking terribly. He knew what was going on too.

Then I remembered seeing one of those boys who always followed Sigourney around running off into the woods late at night. I think name was Sparta…no wait it was Kuma.

Kuma was the one with dark black hair and small brown eyes. Sparta had dark blond hair and green eyes. Both of them looked too old and intimidating to be going to Half School. I hoped he was okay, because the scream sounded like it came from a man.

I should have stopped him; I should have told him it was dangerous.

I had woken up against the wall; I must have fallen asleep there. I was okay. I looked over at my uncle; he was there too, still snoring. My dog wasn’t though.

I filled up his water cup again and shakily started to get ready for school, my muscles aching from being so hyped up, and my neck searing with pain from being at such a weird angle all night. I stepped into my room to see my little dog curled under the covers of my little blow-up mattress. Stupid… I grabbed my school bag and slowly walked to school. It was Tuesday; I didn’t have to read to Ms. Crawlette today. I listened to my neighbors as they whispered to each other.

“Who was it last night? I heard somebody yelling, as well.” Mr. Browning asked.

“I heard it was another Mailman.” Said a woman with dull brassy hair. I had seen her around but never learned her name. I sighed. Suddenly remembering Kuma. I sped up, shoving the wood door open. I was twenty minutes early, I noticed as I looked at the clock. There were only about five kids there, one being my friend Anemone. She was always ridiculously early. Her long blond hair draped down her shoulders, her bangs just above her eyes. I went up and sat on the hard grey stool next to her. Most chairs were different, some little wooden chairs, office chairs, others rocking chairs and love seats. She looked over, and appeared way hyper.

“Did you hear who it was? I heard it was a Mailman!” She said, I shushed her, everyone was looking.

“Me too, but I thought I saw Kuma going into the woods late at night. I hope he’s okay.”
“Who?” She asked.

“You know, the boy with the black hair that’s always following Sigourney around.” She would know him now, because she had a crush on him, he was pretty muscley, but for me, not in the hot way. More…”I’ll rip your head off” sort of way.

“I see them going in to the woods to, all of them, so I think he’s okay. I wonder why they do it? They know it’s dangerous.” She said, in deep thought.

“Just don’t go looking for them.” I warned. She told me she wouldn’t. People started filing in the room. I kept waiting for Sigourney.

She finally flounced in the door, just in time. Her two friends beside her. I gave a huge relived sigh when I saw Kuma. He looked over, giving me an odd look. Sigourney laughed. I looked away, embarrassed. That’s what I get for worrying about someone.

Then class went on as usual, everybody acting about the same. Sparta hassling the teachers and making a fool of himself, Sigourney hitting him. Peter Phelps answering every question and raising his hand nearly 50 times. The teacher would call on me when my hand wasn’t raised and I wasn’t paying attention, everyone would laugh at me.

Then, something unexpected happened. There was someone new walking in class.
Everybody turned around. It was a boy, carrying a beat up binder with duck tape on it.

He was tall, taller then anyone in the class. He had black eyebrows and light brown hair that looked like he just rolled on the ground for an hour. His skin was tanned and he was in need of a shave. His arms were defined in muscle. He wore a black shirt that was the color of his eyes. He looked like a criminal on steroids.

He looked like possibly the scariest guy alive. The class was silent. Sigourney widened her eyes like she had never seen something like him in her life. How rude! Kuma and Sparta were suddenly whispering fast, their eyes narrowed maliciously.

He walked to the head of the class, everyone catching every moment he made. He looked towards them, they looked away.

“W-well, who are you young man?” Mrs. Tina asked, the more shy and timid of the teachers.
“I'm Torolf Maktaou. I just transferred here from D12.” He said, his voice low and husky. She took the note from his hands. I noticed she was shaking.

“Right, then, just take that free seat next too Pamela.” She said. Naturally, probably revenge for not paying attention. He took the seat next to me and the wall, on another gray stool. I tried to ignore him. Anemone and I sat straight and faced the board, us both looking more than slightly nervous.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is anyone reading this? Any one at all?