Melinda the Servent

Chapter One

There are many factors in life that no one can control, such as boy’s they are one thing that makes life difficult. Find someone you like you date them for a while then they dump you for someone else. You move on them it happens all over again. Until you find the right person. As for me I have found the right person but he is way out of my reach. I had a friend that was in a different social class and she ended up with someone from a higher class which makes her to popular to worry about someone like me. I have also grown up in a house where I have to serve a Lord. This family is the richest in the whole country and if you mess with them well you have no hope of winning. My mother is a house maid to these people but I was too young to realise that she was the one who kept us off the streets. As my life went on I became friends with the Lord’s son, Leo. He is a very kind person but once we got older we didn’t hang out as much as we did when we where children.

Oh I almost forgot, my name is Melinda Rose and I’m twenty-five years old and I have been with this family for a very long time. Better yet ever since I can remember I have lived in this place. The family name is Black so I have to call the male Lord Black and the female My Lady Black or just My Lady, as for the son I have to address him the same way I do his father. There is a stage in our lives that we all go through and mine has just started. My mother has fallen ill form the flu that has been going around. Every day she is getting worse and worse I fear that she will be leaving me soon, and I will have to do everything on my own. But then again I have been doing that for the last few weeks and it is not easy. These people know how to make a mess when they are in one room.

I guess the best thing about being friends with Leo was that he went and checked on my mother when I wasn’t able to, he is so kind to me but we can never be together. The more I have to do the more he tries to help but he keeps getting into trouble even when he is telling me that my mother might not last the night. It has been two whole months since she has fallen ill and each day she would get worse. This last few days it has become clear that there is a good chance that she will never recover from this. I have been working long days just to make enough money to feed us and it is costing me valuable time. My mother might die within the next few days and the thought of being alone scares me to death. But that is only one complication that I will have to deal with. That very night, I was tending to my mother and I could see a slight improvement which gave me hope that she might just recover. But that was a slim, very slim chance of that happening.
♠ ♠ ♠
This isn't my work full credit goes to my friend, Amber.