Melinda the Servent

Chapter Eleven

The day of my mother’s funeral has arrived and I have only been here three days. The first day it was just travelling to the country house and knowing where to find things. The second day my father came to the house and told me that I was a Sun Dweller and the third was learning how to quench my thirst with animal blood. This is the fourth day here and it is my saddest day here so far. Saying good bye to my mother is the hardest thing that I have ever done in my entire life. The funeral only took one hour and then I watched as my mother was being buried. As the soil got higher and higher I know that I would never see my mother again and that I only have my memories of her and a few photos.

That day was long and I sat by my mother’s grave nearly all day by myself until Leo came out and sat with me. Staring at her head stone I was wondering what it would feel like to be dead, and then I thought of how Leo would react if I was dead. Sitting and starting at her grave gave me some peace but I also had to go and eat something before I passed out. Leo helped me up and took me inside for afternoon tea, only because I didn’t eat anything at lunch time. Not knowing what he was thinking I could see that he wanted to ask me something that could have been important but for now I think he was just trying to get me to eat and drink. Leo was a great person and he looked after me really well.

This day will always be on my mind for it was the time that my mother was meant to turn 45 today but instead it was the day she was buried and taken from me forever.
Leo on the other hand was being really patient with me and was struggling not to ask the question he has been holding back for the last four days. “Leo, I know that you want to ask me something, just say it please” looking up as I finished the sentence I saw Leo go red in the face. As he went red he bent his head to let his golden hair cover most of his face but it was shorter then he realised. Leo had golden hair that was touching his shirt collar, his eyes where a light brown and his skin was a darkish colour. All of these would make a person lose their train of thought.

Trying to get all the courage that he could muster to ask his question was surprisingly funny but I didn’t laugh. When he finally got the confidence that he need he asked his question. “I know that today is a hard day for you but I was wondering if you would be my girlfriend.” This was a surprise indeed and on this day as well but it made me smile. Knowing that he was waiting for a reply I now had to get the courage to tell his my answer.

“Leo, I would love to be your girlfriend. You have no idea how long I have been waiting for you to say that.” There was some peace about what had just happened and I liked this peace it makes me feel whole again. We were smiling at each other and it was making it hard to remember what I was so sad about. As I said before you will lose your train of thought around Leo. The amount of joy that was running through my veins was unbelievable.

I was so happy that I could help but run into Leo’s arms and give him a huge hug. Like always he wasn’t able to predict my moves and we landed on the grass and stayed there until we were getting cold. There was so much that I had to learn to become a proper lady and I know that Leo and his father would come up with some plan to help me out. The thought of his father helping me was reminding me of my own creepy father that I had just met the other day.

Nothing was as creepy as a tall dark man showing up in the middle of the day and say ‘hey I’m your father’. Then the words of my mother were coming back “Don’t let him find you for he is nothing but trouble.” Remembering that made me feel strange like the missing part of me was now filled but when I was younger I was told that the void was never going to be filled was one of the worse things that I could have been told by my mother.

The more I wished my mother back the worse I got. I had stopped eating and drink for days and it was this that got Leo worried. Due to my condition he decided that it was time to go home and talk to his father about my father and what was going to happen to me. Nothing was ever going to fix this problem and he knew that and that was why we were going home so I could return to my jobs and think of else but work.

My life was now complicated, I know that I came from a higher class and that I still wanted to work for the Black family. Something inside me was trying to tear out of me and I had no idea what that was. The following day after the decision was made to go home we left to go back to the main house hold. Everything was happening so fast that I couldn’t get my head around it. First my mother dies, secondly I find out that I came from a wealthy family and that I’m a Sun Dweller and lastly Leo asks me to be his girlfriend. What is the matter with me I have had so much happen in such a short time I think I’m about to break.
♠ ♠ ♠
I take no credit, full credit goes to my friend Amber