Melinda the Servent

Chapter Twelve

The journey back home was long and annoying for it was only mid day when we got back. There were piles of dirty dishes in the sink, piles of dirty laundry and the place was a mess. What had happened here it looked like a bomb had hit the place. Walking through the house to see how much I had to do was surprising and I headed back to the little shed that held all of my things and got changed.

The first place that I would start to clean was the kitchen. The smell was so bad that I had to wear a mask that helped to filter the kitchen air. Even with all of the windows and the mask it still smelt like dead rats. It took me about two and a half hours to clean it up and even when the mess was gone there was still a smell so I found some flowers that had really strong scents and placed them in the middle of the room.

Who know that a family could make such a mess within one week, yes that’s right it was only a week when we could have stayed another week. Only this time I’m glad that we didn’t stay that extra week for this place would be unliveable by then. Kitchen was done and I moved onto the lounge room where I found all kinds of strange things. Some I don’t even want to know where they came from. Was that bad by the time I finished the lounge room I was stuffed and was leaving to go to bed but then I smelt really bad. I cleaned for four hours straight and I smelt like I hadn’t had a bath in months.

My clothes where filthy, they were covered in dust and who knows what else there happen to be around in this house. Heading to the lake I hear someone running after me and I could tell that it was Leo for he was fast and had caught up with me within minutes of me reaching the lake.

He practically came to skidding stop leaving the ground marked where he had used his hands and feet to stop before plummeting into the moon lit lake. When was he going to learn that he could have just jogged to where I was and not a full out sprint, this boy was crazy just like me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I take no credit, full credit goes to my friend Amber