Melinda the Servent

Chapter Two

The next day before I went to work I fed my mother as much as I could and I hoped that she would last the day with me checking in on her and Leo doing the same. Later that day I went to check up on her and she was going very quickly and I had thought she was strong enough to last the day and that night, so I prayed as hard as I ever did only to hope that she would recover. When I got back there was a mess and as I said when they are left unattended for a period of time well they make a mess. But as soon as I started to clean it up, Leo come to help me, and I thought to myself why can’t he clean his own room like he cleans up after his family, who knows but I was great full for the help.

That night I finished early and was headed to the lake to wash my face and arms. The lake water was freezing but it was also nice on the hot summer night. Finishing that I left the lake and made my way to my place to where I hoped my mother was still alive and I found out that she had passed away sometime during the day after I had checked up on her. Crying over her dead body I heard a light tap on the door and asked “Who is it?” the replay was something that I wasn’t expecting to hear.

“It’s Leo can I come in?” as I opened the door he asked another question “How is your mother?” he said that as I made my way over to where she was laying on the floor. Kneeling down I pulled the sheet over her face and began to cry again. Not realising that Leo had come up behind me knelt beside me and wrapped my in his arms as he was trying to comfort me. I turned into his chest and started to cry even harder and he let me destroy his favourite shirt with my tears. It was well past an hour til I had calmed down enough to let him talk to me and on top of that I was crying really hard for I lost the only person I had known since birth. I didn’t know my father and my mother had told me “your father is nothing but trouble and I should have lessened to my parents but I was too in love with him that I didn’t realise that he was going to cause me nothing but trouble. So if he come looking for you when you get older tell him to go away for he is something that no one should have to live with and he is a very troubled man. That’s all I’m going to say about your father. Make sure that you lesson to me and my wisdom”. This was the only time I heard my mother talk about my father and by the sounds of it I didn’t want to know him.
♠ ♠ ♠
This isn't my work full credit goes to my friend Amber.