Melinda the Servent

Chapter Three

Once Leo had me calmed down enough he told me to follow him back to the house and doing as I was told I followed him in the house and into his father’s study. The look he got from his father was telling me that I wasn’t meant to be in this room. But Leo got the hardest look.

“Father, can I have you attention for a few minutes please. I have some bad news to tell you” the tone of his voice made his father stop what he was doing and look at his son like there was nothing that was bad news to him. “Father, Melinda’s mother has passed away and I was wondering if I could take her out to the country house to bury her mother and to give her time to grieve and get back to her normal state. For you can see she is in no condition to be working at the moment, so will you do this for her father?” This made his father sigh and sit back into his chair which gave a great moaning noise as it disapproved of how far it was on a lean.

I swear that it felt like ten minutes for him to answer but it was only a few minutes. He looked me up and down several times and said “If you wish to take her out of here for a while then she has to do a full week’s worth of work before you can take her anywhere. If you have a problem with that then speak now or just turn around and leave me alone son. Melinda show him out please I need to ask you something”

“Let me tell you something father you are making a good decision and I accept your offer but no longer than one week is that clear for if you try and make it longer than you have promised, well you know what I can do to you” Leo had a dark smile on his face which told me that he meant what he said and his father was as white as a ghost. I guess that his son has more power than he does now. That is a scary thought why do I have to be in the same place as someone with so much power over his own father.

Leo turned and left the room closing the door as he went to do something else while he waited for me to leave the room but I know him and he will get mad if anything happens in this room. “You want to talk to me, my Lord Black” to my surprise he was thinking in what to say, this is something that he never dose. “Yes, Melinda I was going to ask you to do a good clean of my room tomorrow for I have some people coming to do my clothing and I want a room that says I’m in charge of this place and not my son” this is the third time this month that he has asked me to do it. And as always I say “Yes my lord I will have it done by tomorrow afternoon” saying that made him look like a child who is ready to do something that he is proud of but not too sure of.

Leaving his room I went to the kitchen and I found his wife there crying. “My Lady, what is the matter?” she hadn’t realised I had entered the room. She looked up at me and said “Mel, please sit down, I need to tell you something about your father. And I know that you have been told to stay away from him but it is going to be impossible because he will find you soon, I have for seen it and I thought you would like to know.” This was something that I didn’t want to hear and she could tell that by the way I was sitting and she also asked me what her husband had asked me I replied “My Lady, he has only asked me to clean his room and to make sure that it is spotless so they think that he is in charge of this household, that’s all my lady” this didn’t look like what she wanted to hear.
♠ ♠ ♠
This isn't my work full credit goes to my friend Amber.