Melinda the Servent

Chapter Nine

Leo could tell that there was something that I wanted to ask him but couldn’t at that time. He asked me “What is on your mind? Tell me please, I might be able to help you.” That was probably the truth and so I got enough courage to ask him “What do you do drink in that dark flask you take to school.” That caught him off guard but it laughed softly in my ear and said he would tell me if I would tell him something. For that would be a fair exchange of information.

I said yes. There was nothing I would do or say for him. So he said in a quiet voice that I could only hear “What I take to school in the flask is animal blood. For when we are around humans we kind of go weak and that can cause something that we don’t want to happen. They will turn into Dark Dwellers we feed off them.” This was information that was strange to me but then again I was just told that I was part of the Sun Dwellers, so this sought of made sense to me. Then he asked “How do you not feed on blood at all? I have seen you eating human food but not drinking anything.” This was going to be easy to answer.“The reason why you did see me drinking anything was because I didn’t drink at all. I only lived of human food. I never knew that we had to drink animal blood to stop the thirst.”

This was something that Leo was fascinated with and I explained that when my mother saw me feeding on a young girl she took the dead body away from me and said that I was going to never need to drink for a long time. My mother did things that stopped me from craving blood all the time and I’m glad that she did do that for I don’t know where I would have ended up.

This was the last thing we talked about before going outside into the sun and for the first time ever I finally noticed how shiny me skin goes when the sun hits it. It makes my skin look like porcelain but other than that I look like a human in every other way. After a while I saw Leo pull out his flask and take a drink of it and for the first time since the young girl I felt something sharp, soft and sensitive in my mouth. Once he was finished, he looked at me and saw that I was playing with my fangs and that I was running my tongue and fingers over them.

One of the maids came past and saw what I was doing not understanding what I was playing with in my mouth. Leo told her to go away and that if she said anything about what she had just seen she would be dead before midnight tonight. She went running back to the house screaming and he broke into laughter. And I just stood there with my mouth shut and tried not to think about blood so they would disappear but they didn’t want to go away. I started to scream and Leo walked over to where I was standing. Wrapping his arms around me and saying that everything is going to be ok. I looked at him and started to cry and he could see why I was so scared my fangs where longer than his.

This made him smile and show that his never went away even why he had finished drinking. Leo smiling was a rare thing for he only did it around the house and not a school. I also got why he was running away from all of those crazy people. Once I stopped crying I was feeling thirsty and I said to Leo “My throat is on fire and I don’t know how to put it out.” As I finished my sentence he told me to come back to the house and get changed into some shorts and a t-shirt and wait outside the shed for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I take no credit, full credit goes to my friend Amber