Status: Finished.

Untitled

#002

Image

8 weeks pregnant: Baby


“Frank, I really am pregnant,” a very naked Gee says in front of the full-length bedroom mirror. She’s been standing there for hours now, after their first prenatal appointment, just lifting her t-shirt and lowering it back down. She’s trying to see if there are any signs of their miracle.

He walks closer to her, from his spot by the door. He approaches quickly and feels her tummy. It’s no longer flat. There’s a bump now and it’s really hard to touch, like a rock, not a baby.

There’s actually a baby in there; Frank’s baby.

“Fucking finally,” he says while getting down on his knees, touching her tummy again and lowering a kiss there. He puts his ear against it, but Gee knows he won’t hear or feel a thing. She knows she can’t feel anything different yet, at least apart from the way her waist expanded or how her breasts are fuller.

“We’re having a baby,” Frank pulls her out of her thoughts. She smiles. She wants this as much as he does, anticipation starting to crawl across her skin, especially after the OB told them everything was running fine. It was certainly calming.

“I’m having a baby,” she says funnily, wiggling her eyebrows.

He grins at her, from below her navel, and starts getting up. He doesn’t do it without a second kiss to her tummy and a secret whisper that tickles against her skin. Then, he moves his hands up and kneads her breasts softly, knowing how sensitive they’ve become. He must know that his touch will always be Gee’s weakness, especially when he’s willing to kiss her for the rest of the night.