Status: Finished.

Untitled

#004

Image

25 weeks pregnant: Photography


Gee feels really happy today.

She has Frank and her big tummy now, with three kicking babies inside. She can feel them moving every morning and Frank’s always there to wrap around her from behind and place his hand below her navel. He wants to feel it too and she knows he can; she knows it from the way he’s always smiling and wanting to touch her there.

They are celebrating four years as a married couple.

They have wanted a baby ever since their first anniversary, and it’s real now. Three times real, but it truly feels like a blessing. Gee was more than glad to gestate Frank’s babies for him, his two girls and a boy that still needed the perfect names. They sit for as long as they can in the under-construction nursery talking about it, about all the possibilities that they love and all the references they could make in their choices.

For the occasion, they asked a friend to photograph them in their house.

Seven years together, four of them in a marriage, is a long time these days and Gee knows she doesn’t want to be anywhere else. She has Frank and their babies, and that’s all she needs right now. They are blessed with a great family, have been blessed ever since they met during college, and nothing would ever change that. It feels that way, now, and every day of Gee’s life.

The friend, Bill, photographs them naked and very pregnant on the living room couch, Frank kissing and hugging her from her side, in between other shots. He photographs them in the nursery, beside the crib with Frank kneeling in front of Gee and kissing her expanded tummy, and by the ultrasound images on the wall, with Frank standing behind her and wrapping his hands around her stomach. And also in their bedroom, red satin where they usually sleep, with both of them on their sides facing each other and Frank’s hand caressing her ribs.

The last picture, curiously by the front door, is of Frank kneeling again in front of Gee. He has his hands on her sides and his chin on the curve between her belly and her breasts, looking up at her with a smile. He looks so proud of what they’re doing, and Gee can only smile back at him. She knows this will be her favorite picture. It’s all about what they feel, and Bill captures it in more than one shot.

I love you, she mouths at Frank between the second and the third flash. The camera probably gets the best moment between the two lovers, as Gee caresses Frank’s temple sweetly and the flash shoots one last time.