Status: Complete

Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse

Hundred

Daryl and Leah stood on the pier watching the waves. The sun was starting to set and the gentle breeze was cool on their skin. Leah sighed and leaned back against Daryl, he wrapped his arms around her and she placed her hands on his. "Daryl..."

"Yes Leah?"

"Would you ever have a baby with me?"

He turned her around to face him, "Why do you ask?"

"Well....we're married, and married couples have babies." She paused for a moment, then said, "I'm just curious."

Daryl sighed and looked out at the ocean. He had thought about this many times since he and Leah had become intimate. With no form of contraceptive, it was very possible for her to become pregnant. "If there weren't any walkers, I'd have a hundred babies with you, but I just can't handle constantly worrying about whether or not my kid is going to be eaten by one of them."

"A hundred?" Leah asked, raising an eyebrow. "Daryl, I'm 34, my biological clock is ticking. I wouldn't be able to have a hundred kids, even if I wanted to."

"You're 34? Gross, you're so old," he joked, trying to lighten the mood.

Leah playfully hit him on his arm, "You're older than me."

"I'm just teasing you," he said, picking her up and sitting her on the banister so that they were eye level. She held onto the railing and he placed his hands on her knees. She could feel the scar on the palm of his left hand against her skin. She had one that matched. Daryl had cut the scars deep enough that they'd probably have them forever. "You understand my point though, right? It's just not the kind of world you want to have a kid in."

She nodded, "I know." She smiled and leaned forward to kiss him. His arms wrapped around her, and she felt his hands on her back. She couldn't focus on the kiss though, other thoughts kept playing through her mind. You have to tell him sooner or later. You can't hide it forever.