Status: Complete

Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse

Love

Leah and Daryl laid in bed, the dark red silk sheet was draped across their naked bodies. Leah laid on her side, her eyes closed, and her hand was in Daryl's, their fingers interlaced. Daryl laid on his stomach, his head turned towards Leah, staring at her face. She peaked out of one eye, and Daryl wouldn't of noticed had he not have seen green through her dark lashes. She smiled when they made eye contact and she closed her eye back. "Leah..."

"Yes?"

"Why did you have things here already?"

"I stayed here for a couple of months, and forgot a few things when I left."

"Why did you stay here?"

"Because after Jules and I broke up, Sal let me stay here until I could get a new apartment."

Daryl sat up straight and turned to face Leah. "You dated Jules?"

Leah sat up as well, the sheet still covering her body. "Yeah, but that was years ago, and I never forgave him for cheating on me." She paused, "You're not jealous are you?"

Daryl shook his head.

Leah smiled, "Good. You have no reason to be jealous." She crawled over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. "I love you, and only you. And I'll never stop loving you. You're my world Daryl. I'd be lost without you."

He smiled and pressed his lips to hers. When they pulled away they smiled at each other. "I'll never ever stop loving you," he told her. Leah laid back against the pillows, and Daryl laid down next to her. His head rested on her stomach and she tangled her fingers in his hair. "I'll always take care of you....both of you. I won't let anything happen to either of you." There was silence for awhile. Finally, Daryl picked his head up and turned to face Leah, "What was it like growing up here?"

"It was nice. I had a pretty typical childhood I guess. After mine and Marissa's dad died Sal was like a father to us, up until my mom remarried. Sal was my dad's best friend, and Marissa and I would wish that if mom remarried, it would be to Sal, but I don't think she loved him like he loved her."

"How do you know he loved her?"

Leah shrugged, "I just do."

"Do you think she'll fall in love with him now?"

Leah shrugged again, "I hope so. I think Sal always loved her."

"It must be awful to always love someone that you can't have."

Leah nodded. She pushed the thoughts away and sat up so that she could wrap her arms around Daryl once more and kiss him. He kissed her back and wrapped his arms around her.