Status: Complete

Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse

Fight

Daryl slammed Jules up against the wall, making sure he was fully awake before shouting, "Give me one reason why I shouldn't hang you from the roof and let the walkers feast on you?"

That one question terrified Leah, and had her backing away, not wanting to get involved. Of course, she ended up backing into, the now awake, Merle. She jumped, and he placed his hand on her shoulder to calm her down. The two of them, as well as Sal, watched unsure of what to do as Jules tried to answer, but words were failing him, and all that escaped his mouth was stuttering.

Daryl dropped Jules, letting him fall to a slump on the floor. He kicked him over and over before kneeling down and beginning to punch him in the face. Unfortunately, it gave Jules the opportunity to turn the tables on Daryl, and get the upper hand. Now afraid for Daryl, Leah ran to him. Merle grabbed her arm to hold her back, but she yanked it away and ran to Daryl.

Not paying attention, Jules ended up elbowing Leah as he drew back to punch Daryl again. Realizing that he had hit someone other than Daryl, he stopped and turned to face Leah, who was standing there, a look of shock and fear plastered to her face. Her hand covered her stomach. "Leah," Jules started, "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hit you." He was still unaware of Leah's pregnancy, and didn't realize why she was acting the way she was.

Leah just blinked.

Jules stood up, "Leah, are you okay?"

"Stay away from me," Leah demanded. "You're a liar, and a cheater. Daryl was never attacked, you abandoned him." It had been easy enough to figure out since he wasn't a walker, and he didn't show any signs of injury. "I hate you Jules, more than I've ever hated anyone. I never want to see you again, and I mean it." Sal, Merle, and Daryl were all shocked by how calmly she said the words.

Finally, Sal spoke up, "Jules, I think it would be best if you left."

Jules was outraged by what he was being asked to do. "But....where will I go?"

Sal shrugged, "It doesn't matter. Leah is the closest thing I've ever had to having a child, well, her and Marissa, but Marissa's not here, which leaves me Leah. And I'm not asking her to leave. Besides, she's not the one that's done anything wrong. You are."

Jules quickly gathered his things and left.

Sal stood with Leah in the kitchen, Merle and Daryl were awake, and sitting on the couch. Halle was still asleep, being a very heavy sleeper. "Are you okay?" Sal asked Leah, he had noticed the fear on her face when she was elbowed in the stomach.

Leah nodded, "I think so."

"I'm going to go back to bed, I'm sure you and Daryl would like to be together after everything that has happened."

Leah stayed silent and Sal embraced her. She returned the hug, and before pulling away from her, Sal kissed the top of her head. They let go of each other and he went to his room. When the door was shut Daryl stood up and walked over to her. "Leah..."

"No! Don't even try to talk to me right now Daryl Dixon. I am furious with you. I open the door, ecstatic that you're still alive after being told you were torn apart by walkers, and you don't even bother to give me a second glance. No hug, no kiss, not even an 'I'm okay'. You just come in here and start fighting with Jules. Granted, he deserved every kick and punch he received, but that doesn't change anything that happened prior."

Leah pushed by him and stomped off to her room, slamming the door shut behind her. Then she locked the door and collapsed onto the bed. She laid there, her hand covering her stomach. She worried about the baby growing inside of her. Had that one hit been enough to cause her to lose it, was the baby okay. As if in answer to her unsaid question, she felt a little nudge right under her hand. She felt her baby move for the first time. She smiled in relief and calmness washed over her. Everything would be okay. Daryl was safe. She was safe. Their baby was safe.