Status: Complete

Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse

Shot

A week passed, and everything was perfect. Daryl and Leah finally told Halle and Sal about the pregnancy, and Halle became ecstatic about having a new baby around. There had been no signs of walkers, or Jules, since the night Daryl came back. Halle had been surprised to see him there and Jules gone. Daryl explained everything to her, and she accepted it.

Daryl laid in bed next to Leah. It was dark, and even though she was asleep, he couldn't sleep. Finally he got up and walked into the kitchen, in need of something to drink. He stood at the sink rinsing out his glass when a hand covered his mouth and a barrel of a gun was pressed to his back. "If you even think about waking anyone up, I'll shoot you before you can even blink," Jules whispered in his ear. "Do you understand?"

Daryl nodded and Jules let go of him. The gun was no longer pressed to Daryl's back, but Jules kept it aimed at him anyways. Daryl turned around, and without thinking, kicked him in the stomach Jules doubled over in pain, Daryl hit him in the back. The gun fell to the floor and slid across the kitchen. They both scrambled for it. Jules pulled Daryl to the floor and a fight broke out. As Daryl punched Jules he said, "I should have killed you last time. I won't make that mistake again."

Jules laughed and sneered, "Not if I kill you first."

"Even if you do manage to kill me, what good will it do you? Leah hates you, and she'll hate you even more if you kill me. Besides, what would make you think Sal would let you back. Speaking of which, how did you get back in here?"

"Did you really think I didn't have my own key?"

Daryl shrugged, "The thought never occurred to me." More punches were thrown as the two men bloodied each other's faces. "If you do kill me-" Daryl was cut off by Jules's fist hitting him in the jaw. Daryl returned the punch and finished, "If you do kill me, what makes you think Merle won't kill you in revenge?"

"Once you're dead, what will stop me from shooting him too?"

Daryl punched him again in reply.

The fight continued. Daryl wasn't sure how long they had been beating each other. He was on his back, Jules was on top of him. That's when he heard the shot. His eyes widened as he tried to figure out if he had just been shot. He couldn't tell. His body ached anyways from the beating it had taken. He would have tried to feel for blood, but he was already covered in it.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was going to be the last chapter, but as the day went by, I got the idea for this, so there will be one more chapter after this.