Status: Complete

Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse

Talking

Leah didn't reply, so Daryl knocked again, "Please Leah, at least tell me you're okay." He waited for an answer, but there was still silence. He was about to knock again when he heard the little click of the lock in the door. He turned the handle and opened the door. Leah was sitting on the edge of the bed, her head tilted down. He walked over to her and pulled her into his arms. Her head rested on his shoulder, and her arms hung loosely around his neck, and he held her tight. "It's okay," he whispered in her ear. "You didn't do anything wrong."

She pulled away just enough to look at him, "But I killed someone. I killed one of the living."

He brushed a piece of hair out of her face and pressed his forehead to hers. "I'm sure you had every right to. Besides, I'm pretty sure it was just a matter of time before I killed him instead."

Leah frowned at the thought. She knew Daryl had been in plenty of bar fights, there had been countless times when he had been arrested for getting in a fight, and she had been the one he had called to bail him out. But she also knew Daryl had never come close to killing any of the guys he fought with, he had never even hospitalized any of them. Now the first fight she gets into, and the guy ends up dead.

"It's not your fault," he told her. "It was an accident. He hit his head on the floor, that's what killed him. Not you."

"But it's still my fault."

He pulled her closer, wrapping his arms as tightly around her as he could without hurting her. "No it's not."

She pulled away from him and walked over to the window. "What do the others think?"

Daryl shrugged, "I don't know. Rick, Lori, and Glenn are still the only ones awake, and I didn't discuss their thoughts with them."

"They probably think I'm a horrible person now."

"I'm sure they don't. They've been around you long enough to know you're one of the sweetest girls alive." There was a long pause. "Why don't you tell me what happened."

Leah sighed reluctantly, but recapped the conversation that had led up to her swinging the frying pan at Cole anyways. When she was finished, Daryl pulled Leah into his arms. "He deserved it," he told her.

"But-" she started to object, tell him just because he deserved it, it didn't make it right, but she was cut off by his lips on hers. She felt his tongue against them and she opened her mouth, allowing him to explore it with his tongue. He scooped her up and carried her over to the bed. He laid her down on the pillows and slid his hand underneath her shirt. She moaned into his mouth and he pulled away from the kiss to remove her shirt and shorts. He trailed kisses down her neck and shoulder blade while she pushed his pants and boxers down. He kicked them to the floor and she smiled.

Another moan escaped her lips as he slid into her, and she rocked her hips against him, meeting each one of his thrusts. He rolled over onto his back, pulling her with him, and they continued in soft, rhythmic motions. Daryl's hands slid from her hips to her breasts, caressing them. Leah leaned forward, holding onto his shoulders for support as they reached their climaxes. She collapsed on top of him, and he held her close. Neither of them wanting to move.

After an hour of just laying there, holding each other there was a knock on the door, then they heard Andrea's voice. "Daryl? Leah? Is everything okay? Lori told me what happened."

"Everything's fine," Leah called.

"Okay."

"I guess we should get up," Leah said, looking into Daryl's beautiful blue eyes.

He nodded, but she just laid there. "What?" he asked.

"I hope our child has your eyes."

He smiled, "I hope they're mismatched like yours."

She smiled back and kissed him before getting up to get dressed.