Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

Do Something

Murphy shut the door behind him and sat down on the couch to pull his boots off. "We need to do something. I can't sit here doing nothing and let her get beaten by that monster again."

"I know. I was just thinking the same thing."

Murphy scoffed, "No ya weren't. You were thinkin' about fuckin' her sister."

Connor's eyes widened and his cheeks turned bright red. "I wasn't!"

"I could see it all over yer face. Ya were."

Connor frowned. "Maybe a little. But I really was thinkin' that we need to do something to protect Lennon. She's not safe. The man already broke into her apartment once, what's to stop him from doing it again?"

"I just don't know what to do."

"Well...."

Murphy knew where his brother's train of thought was heading. He vigorously shook his head. "We can't. We put that life behind us. We're home, and we're safe. We can't lose this home too."

"Then what are we supposed to do? No one even has to know. We'll even get rid of the body this time."

"Connor, it's too dangerous. You want to end up in prison again? I doubt Smecker and Bloom would be able to help us this time. I don't even know where they are."

"Murph, you care about Lennon, don't you?"

"Well, yeah, of course I do."

"And you want her to be safe."

Murphy nodded, even though he knew it wasn't actually a question.

"Next time, she might end up dead. We have to do something, and this is the only way to make sure nothing happens to her."

Murphy knew his brother was right, what other option did they have? What if next time, Lennon didn't wake up? "Okay." His voice was low, he still wasn't crazy about the idea, and he knew that they were going to have to be very careful. And he hoped Lennon didn't find out, She'd never look at me the same way again if she knew, he told himself. She'd probably hate me if she knew about the things that I've done. He knew that all the trouble he and Connor had been in back in Boston with the Yakavettas was for good, and he knew this would be for good as well, but would Lennon feel the same way? Murphy felt like he'd rather not know the answer to that question.