Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

"Her who?"

"How are we supposed to find him?" Murphy asked as they got ready for their 'mission'.

"Phone book?"

"We don't even know his last name. There could be a hundred Grady's."

"Well, you want to wait and try to get the information out of Lennon. I thought you didn't want her to know what we're doing, asking her what his last name is will only make her suspicious, and you know she'll question why you want to know." Murphy knew Connor was right, but what was there they could do? Since Murphy didn't make any kind of reply, Connor continued. "Let's just stick with the plan we have. We know he's an alcoholic, so we'll check out the pubs, if we find him, we buddy up to him, get him to leave, thinking we're his friends, then when we're alone....bam! he's dead."

Murphy took a deep breath, "Hopefully we'll find him."

Connor nodded and they left.

The boys got lucky. The first pub they walked into, they seen Grady sitting at the bar, a glass of scotch in hand. Connor and Murphy smirked at each other and walked over to the bar, both of them taking a seat on either side of Grady. "We've seen you before, haven't we?" Murphy asked.

"Yeah, Murph, he's dating that pretty little chit next door to us, aren't ya?"

"You mean Lennon? Yeah, she's mine."

It made Murphy angry how Grady referred to her as a possession that could be owned. Connor seen the anger in Murphy's eyes, and shot him a look that read, 'calm yourself down or you'll blow everything.' Murphy took a deep breath and forced himself to calm down.

"Why aren't you with her right now?" Connor asked, "You know, someone broke into her apartment last night, she could use some protection."

Grady scoffed, "She doesn't need protection. What she needs is to use her brain. I'm the one that busted the door open. She thought she'd change the lock on the door, but I showed her."

Grady was already drunk enough to talk to strangers as if they were life-long friends. Connor thought a few shots and he'd believe they had known each other their entire life, so he ordered a round of shots. Needing to stay sober for the task at hand, neither Murphy, nor Connor, bothered to drink, but they were able to get rid of the alcohol without Grady noticing.

Grady was a man with a very low tolerance for alcohol, and by the time the three left, he was stumbling everywhere. The three laughed as they walked out of the pub. "My friend," Connor started, "I do believe you're too drunk to drive yourself home, let us help you."

Grady gave him a weak nod. He was about to pass out. He normally didn't drink as much as he had tonight. The boys pushed him into the backseat of their car and instead of following Grady's directions to his house, they drove out to a little lake. "What are we doing?" Grady asked, panic was starting to set in.

Murphy stopped the car and turned it off. He and Connor got out of the car and opened the back door to drag Grady out. "On your knees," Murphy demanded.

"Why?"

"Just do it," Connor said, giving his shoulder a shove so that Grady fell to the ground. He and Murphy pulled their guns and aimed them at Grady's head.

"Wh-wh-what are you going to do with that?" Grady stuttered out, careful to not slur his words together.

"What do you think?" Murphy asked, angry about the man's stupidity.

"But....why?"

"Because of all the things you've done to her."

"Her who?" One look in Murphy's eyes and Grady realized he was talking about Lennon. "Oh. That her."

Connor and Murphy said their prayer and shot him. Afterwards, they popped the trunk to their car and pulled out a plastic tarp, which they wrapped Grady up in. Before they covered his head, they placed a penny on each eye. Then they tied it up with rope, and tied bricks to both ends so that he wouldn't float up to the surface. They carried him out to the end of the dock and dropped him off the edge.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is loosely based on the scene in "Little Shop of Horrors" when Seymour goes to the dentist's office to kill him because of how he abuses Audrey. It originally wasn't meant to be, but when I got half way through writing it, the thought popped into my head that it was very similar