Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

Becoming Something

A week passed and Connor and Murphy noticed how Lennon seemed to glow without Grady around. She never questioned his disappearance, or even spoke of him for that matter, at least, not around the boys. Quinn visited much more frequently as well, she claimed it was because Grady wasn't around, but it was obvious she wanted an excuse to see Connor.

It was evening, Quinn and Tara were visiting with Lennon. Tara had fallen asleep an hour before, and was laying in Lennon's bed. The two sisters were sitting on the couch talking and polishing their toe nails while watching movies. "So have you heard back from that gallery yet?" Quinn asked. Lennon had submitted a few painting and drawings for an exhibition for young, new artists. If she was accepted into it, she'd be flying to the States for a week.

Lennon shook her head, "No, but I should hear something soon."

"Hopefully you'll get in."

Lennon nodded. As if on cue, her phone started ringing. She reached over and grabbed the phone to answer it. Quinn listened intensely to the conversation, and when Lennon hung up she said, "Well?"

"That was them! I got accepted!"

Quinn squealed and attacked Lennon, hugging her tightly. "Now you have to go thank the boys. Because if it wasn't for them, you never would have submitted that stuff."

"Well, Murphy's the one who talked me into doing it."

"Does it matter which one is responsible for what? Just go thank them. And take me with you?"

"You just want to see Connor. And what about Tara? You can't leave her in here alone."

Quinn stuck her tongue out at Lennon and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Would you like me to have them come over?"

"No! Then it would be obvious that I like him."

Lennon rolled her eyes and walked out of the apartment. She knocked on Connor's and Murphy's door and Connor answered. "Yes?" he asked.

"You know that exhibition I submitted some work for?"

"Yes."

"I was accepted."

"That's fantastic!" Connor bent down and hugged Lennon.

"What's going on?" Murphy asked.

"Lennon is having her artwork featured in a gallery," Connor told him, in a very smug tone.

Murphy smiled, "You're not going to become a famous artist and forget us, are you?"

She chuckled and shook her head, "Never." She wrapped her arms around his waist, hugging him, and he wrapped his arms around her. "Besides, you're the whole reason I submitted anything at all."

"Oh, you're being too nice. You know I didn't have anything to do with it."

Lennon grinned and pulled away from Murphy. "I'm going to be leaving next weekend for Boston, I'll be gone for a week."

"We know someone in Boston who, I'm sure, would be happy to help you while you're there."

"That would be nice," Lennon said. Her visit would be much easier if she didn't have to rent a hotel room. Of course, she'd still insist on giving their friend something for his hospitality, but she was sure he wouldn't make her pay him anything outrageous like at a hotel.

The rest of the week was spent packing what she'd need for her trip, and getting her plane tickets. The boys called their friend and arranged for Lennon to stay with him. They seen her off at the airport, along with Quinn. Lennon was filled with excitement, she was finally going to be someone. All of her dreams were coming true. Her life was turning around. She'd forever be grateful to Murphy and Connor. After all, it was the two of them that helped her regain her confidence and independence, even if she still didn't know the details behind Grady's disappearance. Which the police seemed to have given up on.