Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

McGinty's

It was a long flight, but Lennon didn't mind. She was very excited about being on a plane, since she had never traveled on one before. She perked up when the pilots voice came on the intercom to announce that they were landing at their destination. Sitting straight up in her seat, she readied herself for the landing. Once the plane was safely on the ground, and had rolled to a stop, the passengers began taking off their seat belts and getting their carry-on luggage out. They filed into the aisle and off the plane. Once she had been released into the airport, she started to look for luggage claim, but stopped when she seen a man with long dark her and a goofy grin plastered on his face. He was holding a sign with 'Ms. Lennon F.' written on it.

It made her smile to see him standing there, and she thought of the boys. She walked over to him and said, "You must be Connor's and Murphy's friend?"

"No. Well, yes, but..." he paused to collect his thoughts. He restarted, "I am their friend, but I'm not the one you're staying with," he paused again before adding, "I'll be staying there to, but it's not my place."

Lennon smiled, "Well, as I'm sure you guessed, I'm Lennon."

"Romeo."

"Let me get my suitcase and I'll be ready to go."

He nodded and they walked to luggage claim. She found her suitcase and they left. The place they pulled up to was a small pub, McGinty's. Before he turned off the car, Lennon said, "Isn't it a little early in the day to be drinking?"

Romeo chuckled, "We're not here to drink. This is where you're staying."

"Oh."

He chuckled again as he got out and grabbed her suitcase. As they walked up to the door, Romeo warned, "The old man has tourette's so don't be offended by the cussing."

Lennon nodded, not thinking it would bother her. When they walked inside the "old man" walked up to her and hugged her. "You're just as pretty as-FUCK! -Murphy said you were."

She blushed, both at the compliment, the mention of Murphy, and the random 'fuck' thrown in. "Thank you," she said sweetly.

He introduced himself to Lennon and led her upstairs to a spare bedroom, which actually turned out to be Romeo's bedroom, but he told her he didn't mind sleeping on the couch while she was there. After she had gotten settled in she went back downstairs to the pub to help Romeo and Doc before they opened for the evening. Doc tried to refuse her assistance, but she insisted. He gave in when Romeo said, "You said yourself she's pretty, and a pretty face working here will attract more customers."

"Alright," Doc told her. "You can help."

She grinned and asked what he needed her to do, which was nothing at that moment, but once the bar started to fill, Doc had her waitressing while Romeo helped him tend the bar. At the end of the night Lennon pulled out a wad of one's and five's and put them in the jar on the counter for tips. "What are you doing?" Doc asked.

"I...um..." she paused, unsure of what she was doing. She hadn't been helping Doc to make money, she had been helping him as a thank you for his hospitality, and therefore had wanted him to have the tips she had made.

"You keep that-ASS!-you earned it. It's yours."

"Thank you."

"No thank yous. You earned-PISS! it."