Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

Gallery

The next day Lennon, Romeo, and Doc were going to the gallery to see the exhibit before it was opened to the rest of the public. Lennon wore a simple, sleeveless black shift dress and plain black heels. She didn't bother with jewelry, and the only make up she had on was concealer to hide what remained of a bruise she had received on her jaw weeks before. Her hair was pulled back into a French twist, and pinned with plain bobby pins that blended in with her dark hair. Her bangs hung down, barely touching her eyebrows, and she smiled at her reflection.

She walked out of her room and seen Doc and Romeo, both dressed in slacks, probably the only pairs they owned, a dress shirt and dress shoes. Doc's hair was combed back, and Romeo's was tied back at the nape of his neck. Lennon smiled when she seen them and they both complimented her, causing her to blush. "You really think I look good?" she asked.

Doc nodded, "You put Audrey Hepburn -PISS! - to shame."

Lennon blushed again.

When they walked into the gallery, Lennon was amazed to see her work in an actual art gallery. She grinned seeing her paintings on the walls. One painting in particular caught Doc's attention. A painting of Murphy. Murphy was standing on the fire escape outside his apartment, leaning against the rail. It was nighttime, a cigarette rested between his fingers, and the moonlight gave him an ethereal glow. It was Lennon's newest masterpiece, and her favorite. "Wow!" was all Doc could say.

"You like it?" Lennon asked.

"It's amazing."

Lennon smiled and Romeo joined them, "Are you sure you you painted that, and didn't just take a picture of him?"

Lennon chuckled, "I painted it a few days after we met. It took me forever to get it right. I still feel like I didn't do him justice, but he convinced me it was perfect." She paused while she thought about him. "I don't think he realizes just how much he means to me. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here. I would have never even submitted any of these painting for this exhibition."

She paused again, and Romeo took the opportunity to speak, "Do you love him?"

Lennon's whole face turned red as the two men turned to look at her, waiting for her answer. "I...I don't know. I mean....I feel something for him, how could I not? He's so sweet, but I'm not sure if I'd call it love."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I think we may have a way to get the Saints," the large Italian man said into the receiver of the cell phone he had pressed up to his ear. He was standing outside of an art gallery that had a painting of one of the brothers featured in their latest exhibit.

"Well? What is it?" the woman prompted.

"There's a girl that seems to know him quite well."

"How do you know?"

"I just seen one of her paintings, and it just so happens to be of one of the saints."

"Well, what are you waiting for? You know I'll do whatever it takes to avenge my father and my brother, and I don't care who gets in the crosshairs. Kidnap her, and if the saints care enough about her, they'll come to her rescue, and then we'll be there to put an end to them.

"Of course Ms. Yakavetta. I'll get her tonight. Don't worry."


~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Please tell me what you want?" Connor begged the little girl. "I'm so tired of trying to guess."

Tara grinned and shook her head, her brown curls hit Connor in the face and he stood up.

"Murphy, please help."

"You're the one that agreed to babysit her while Lennon's gone. You figure it out for yourself."

Connor groaned, "Can I at least have a clue?"

Tara shook her head again.

"You know," Murphy said, turning to look at his brother, "I'm pretty sure you don't have to babysit every day to get Quinn to like you. I'm positive she already does, so just ask her out already."

"Why should I when you haven't even asked Lennon out yet? It's obvious she likes you."

"No it isn't. Every time she comes close to sharing her feelings, she closes up again."

Connor rolled his eyes, "She painted a picture of you. It doesn't get anymore obvious then that."

"You ask Quinn out, and then I'll ask Lennon out."