Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

Gone

The pub was starting to empty, and Doc and Romeo were cleaning everything up, getting ready to close for the night. Lennon sat at the bar drawing while Doc dried glasses and put them away. He glance at Lennon and said, "You haven't touched your drink -FUCK!"

Lennon glanced at it, "I'm not really much of a drinker."

"Oh." Lennon frowned and went back to her drawing. Doc walked over to where she sat and looked at what she was drawing. It was of the bar, Doc standing behind it drying glasses. Romeo could be seen behind him. "That's really good," he told her.

"Thanks," she smiled.

Doc returned the smile and asked, "So, you're not going to drink- ASS! - this?"

She shook her head slightly and he picked up the glass to pour out the scotch and clean the glass. When Lennon finished the drawing she closed the book she was drawing in and looked up. "I think I'm going to go see a movie. Would either of you like to join me?"

"Not tonight," Doc told her.

"What about you Romeo?" she asked.

He shook his head.

Lennon frowned, but said, "Okay. Well, I'll be back in a couple of hours then."

"Be careful," Doc told her as she walked out the door.

"Don't worry."

It was only a few blocks to the closest theater, and Lennon didn't mind walking. The entire time she was there, it was impossible for her to focus on the movie. Her thoughts kept drifting off to someone who was currently far away. In the short amount of time that she had known him, she had started falling in love with Murphy. She tried not to, but she couldn't help it. He was so sweet and funny. She loved everything about him. She sighed, thinking he didn't feel the same, and never would. After all, if he felt something for her, wouldn't he of made a move by now? She thought about when they almost kissed, or at least, she had thought he was about to kiss her, but Connor had knocked on the door and interrupted.

Time seemed to fly by while she sat there alone with her thoughts. When the end credits started to roll she felt as if she'd only been there for ten minutes. She grabbed her empty soda cup and rose from her seat. She threw away her trash and left the theater, starting her walk back to Doc's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Doc was the first one to wake up and had already started cooking breakfast when Romeo got up. "Where you awake when Lennon came back last -FUCK!- night?" Doc asked, having not yet seen her. He was also curious as to what time she had come back.

Romeo shook his head, "No."

They chatted idly until breakfast was ready, then Romeo got up to wake up Lennon. He knocked on the door and waited, no answer. He knocked again, "Lennon! Wake up, it's breakfast time!" Still silence. "Lennon!" he shouted a little louder as he knocked again. Silence. He knocked one more time and said, "I'm going to open the door, so don't get mad if you're not dressed!" He turned the knob and pushed the door open. He glanced at the neatly made, and empty bed. Lennon wasn't there.

Romeo turned around to face Doc, "Well?" he asked, not noticing the worried expression on Romeo's face.

"She's not here."