Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

Back to Boston

Lennon sat in the basement of the house. She assumed it was large from the size of the basement, but her head had been covered the entire time her kidnappers had her. The burlap sack hadn't been removed until she was in the basement and tied to the chair. Her wrists were tied to the arms of it, and her ankles were tied to the legs of the chair. She didn't know why she was there, but she'd be lying if she said she wasn't scared. She hoped Doc or Romeo would get worried and call the police. Someone would find her, right?

She took a deep breath in an attempt to calm herself down. Someone would help her. Someone had to. She was startled when the door to the room finally opened, but she refused to show the person how afraid she was at that moment. She was shocked to see a woman enter the room. She was average height, slim, and had long curly brown hair. There were two large men behind her, the same two men that had grabbed her right off the sidewalk. The woman stared at her, and Lennon stared back. It seemed like years passed before the woman finally spoke. "Where are the MacManus brothers?"

"Who?" Lennon asked, playing dumb. If this was about Connor and Murphy, she wasn't going to betray them, not after everything they had done for her.

"Don't play stupid with me. I know you know them. Where are they?"

"What would make you think I know who you're talking about?"

One of the guys pulled a photograph from an inner pocket of his suit jacket and handed it to the woman. She held it up for Lennon to see. It was a photograph of Lennon's painting of Murphy. If it weren't for hands being tied down, she would have slapped herself. "This is a picture of one of your paintings, correct?"

"Yes."

"Well, the guy in the painting is Murphy MacManus, I want to know where he and his brother are, NOW."

"How should I know? That's just some guy who agreed to let me paint his picture for my portfolio." She paused, hoping the woman would buy it. Quickly, she added, "I don't even know his name."

The woman laughed. It was soft and gentle, Lennon was shocked, considering her predicament. "Why would I believe that? You show up, from Ireland, the MacManus brothers, or should I say, The Saints, are Irish. You stay at McGinty's, where I know they used to frequent before they disappeared, and you have a painting of one of them. I'm not stupid. I know you know where they are, so why don't you save us some trouble, and tell me."

Lennon decided to just not reply. What was the point? She refused to betray the boys, and, unless it was what the woman wanted to hear, anything Lennon said would be considered a lie anyways.

The woman waited a couple of minutes before, once again, demanding, "Where are they?"

"I don't know!" Lennon shouted at her, which caused her to receive a slap across the face. The argument continued a while longer before the woman gave up. Before she left the room she told Lennon that she'd be back 'soon', and that if Lennon wanted to live, then she needed to start answering her questions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We have a problem," Romeo said, as soon as Murphy answered the phone.

"What kind of problem?" Murphy asked.

"Well....Lennon's gone."

"What do you mean she's gone?"

"I don't know. Disappeared? She went to a movie last night, and never came back."

"Have you called Duffy and Dolly?"

"Not yet."

"Fuck!"

"What's wrong?" Connor asked.

"Lennon's gone." There was silence while Murphy thought. Finally, he spoke again, "Call Duffy and Dolly, explain everything to them, Connor and I will be there as soon as we can." Murphy hung up the phone and tossed it to Connor. "Your gonna have to cancel your date with Quinn. Pack your bag, we're headed back to Boston."