Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

Revenge

Lennon didn't know how much time had passed since the woman and the two guys left her alone. Her stomach hurt from starvation, and her throat was sore from not having anything to drink. She was tired and her body ached. She wanted to go to sleep, but was afraid of what would happen if she did. Her head tilted forward, and her chin rested on her chest. I'm never going to get out of here, she thought. As soon as the thought crossed her mind, the door opened. She didn't bother to look up to see who it was. She heard feet scuffling across the floor as well as the scraping sounds of chairs being dragged into the room.

The door shut and Lennon could still hear grunting. She peeked through her bangs to see Connor and Murphy tied to chairs in front of her. The two of them had gags tied around their mouths. "Murphy," Lennon said, her voice was harsh, she didn't even recognize it as her own.

He spit the gag out and looked at her, "Lennon! Are you okay?"

She nodded, "At the moment. What's going on? What does that woman want with you?"

"What woman?"

Lennon blinked, "The one that was demanding that I tell her where you were."

Connor and Murphy hadn't seen a woman. They had went to the warehouse they had been instructed to go to. Eunice and Paul had planted trackers on them, and they let themselves get taken. There hadn't been a woman there, just ten, very large, Italian men. Eunice, Paul, and Romeo would be there any minute to bust them out. Then once they were gone, Duffy and Dolly would show up and take care of the legal stuff.

The door opened again and Lennon looked up to see the woman walk in. The click of her heels on the floor echoed around the room, making Lennon's ears hurt. She stopped and looked at Connor and Murphy. "I have waited for this day for a very long time," she said, a sick smile spreading across her lips. She paused as she studied their faces. "Do you remember me?" she asked.

Murphy and Connor shook their heads.

"Well, that's a shame. I remember you two quite well. For years the two of you have plagued my dreams." She knelt down so that she was eye level with Murphy, "Tell me, are you scared?"

Murphy shook his head and she smirked.

"What about you?" she glanced at Connor, he also shook his head. She stood back up and smoothed out her gray pencil skirt. She walked over to Lennon and stood behind her. Lennon's arm twitched when the woman's hands came to rest on her shoulders. "Tell me boys, what do you think Joe Yakavetta felt when you walked into the court room, put him on his knees, and held guns to his head?"

Connor shrugged, "Why should we care what he felt? He was an awful man, he deserved what he got, along with whatever he felt when we held our guns to his head."

Anger took hold of the woman and she walked over to Connor. She slapped him, hard, across the face. "What do you think I felt when I watched you execute my father at his own trial?" She didn't wait long enough for either of them to answer, "My brother swore to me that he would get revenge. He said that he would make sure that 'The Saints' were punished for killing our father. But that didn't happen, did it?"

No one bothered to make a sound.

"No," she finally said, "It didn't happen. Because once again, the two of you show up from out of nowhere and murder him. Did you do it the same way you did my dad? Did you set him on his knees and pray before putting your bullets through his head?"

Connor and Murphy glanced at each other before looking back at the woman. Still, neither of them said a word.

Ms. Yakavetta smiled and walked back over to Lennon. This time she stopped next to her, and pulled a gun from under her jacket. She grabbed Lennon by the hair and ran the barrel of the gun down the side of Lennon's face. "Look at her. Is she scared?"

Murphy felt tears roll down his cheeks when he seen the terror Lennon's eyes. "Leave her alone. She has nothing to do with this. You have us, just let her go," Murphy pleaded.

Ms. Yakavetta pointed the gun at Murphy and fired it. The bullet missed him by several inches, but Ms. Yakavetta didn't care. She wasn't trying to shoot him...yet. "You had no right to kill my father, and yet you did anyways. I want to make you feel what I felt when I watched you murder my father." She put the gun back to Lennon's head. "Now, I want to play a game. Each time you get a question wrong, I'll shoot your girlfriend, and when the game is over, if you've answered enough questions right, I'll let her go."

"You're sick!" Connor told her.

Ms. Yakavetta ignored him. "Hmmm....Now what questions should I ask?" She paused while she thought. "I love old movies. Why don't we do a movie trivia? That'll be fun."