Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

Trivia

Ms. Yakavetta walked over to Murphy and untied the rag that rested on his chest. "Now," she said as she walked back over to Lennon, "to make sure there's no cheating, I'm going to have to tie this around your mouth." She wrapped the rag around Lennon and tied it at the back of the head. She unintentionally pulled Lennon's hair as she tightened the cloth.

"Please, just let her go," Murphy pleaded one more time. His words fell on deaf ears as Ms. Yakavetta thought about her first question.

"Okay, first question, which film did Alfred Hitchcock make twice?"

"Do you know?" Murphy asked Connor.

Connor shrugged, "I've only seen Psycho."

"That one was made twice wasn't it?"

"Yeah, but not by him."

"Time's running out boys. I'm going to need an answer."

"Can you think of any other movies that might be it?" Connor asked.

Murphy was about to speak when a muffled scream escaped from Lennon. Ms. Yakavetta had shot her in the leg. "Time's up! The correct answer is 'The Man Who Knew Too Much.' I guess neither of you know much at all."

"That's not fair!" Murphy shouted while muffled whimpers and tears came from Lennon. "You didn't give us a chance to answer."

"Well, you'll just have to answer a little faster next time." There was silence while Ms. Yakavetta thought of her second question. "Answer this one a little faster, which actor portrayed Singin' Sam, the first singing cowboy?"

Connor squeezed his eyes shut as he tried to think, then finally blurted out, "John Wayne!"

Ms. Yakavetta gasped, "That's correct." Murphy watched as Lennon's breathing appeared to slow down. Then the next question was asked, "Bela Lugosi is best known for portraying which movie monster?"

"Wasn't he Dracula?" Murphy whispered to Connor.

Connor shrugged, "I think so."

Lennon nodded her head, and got smacked by Ms. Yakavetta for helping.

"Dracula," Murphy told her.

Ms. Yakavetta shot Lennon again, and Lennon screamed.

"That was right!" Murphy shouted.

"It was right," she confirmed, "But there was cheating." She leaned down to look into Lennon's eyes, "Don't move at all!" she said through clenched teeth.

Lennon took a deep breath and tried to ignore the pain from the two bleeding wounds in her left thigh.

"Next question, who co-starred in 'House of Wax' with Vincent Price?"

"Charles Bronson!" Connor shouted without having to think about it.

Ms. Yakavetta shot Lennon again.

"That was right! I know that was right!" Connor said.

Ms. Yakavetta gave him a sickeningly sweet smile, "Of course it was right. I just love seeing you two squirm when she gets shot. Her screams are like music to my ears."

"You are one sick fuck!" Paul Smecker said from the doorway. Connor and Murphy gave sighs of relief as Paul walked into the room.

Ms. Yakavetta aimed her gun at Paul, "Don't come any closer," she said.

Paul smirked and held up both hands, "I'm not here to hurt you. Now, why don't you put down the gun, and untie the girl."

With her free hand she grabbed Lennon, then placed the gun to Lennon's temple, "Give me one reason why I shouldn't just blow her brains out right now?"

Connor and Murphy tensed. A gun shot sounded and Ms. Yakavetta froze. Blood seeped from her chest and she fell to the floor. Eunice and Romeo stepped into view, Eunice's gun in her hand. She had shot Ms. Yakavetta. "Thank God you three showed up when you did," Murphy said as Romeo started to untie him. Paul worked on Connor's bindings and Eunice untied Lennon.

"How are you right now?" Eunice asked her.

"Okay. I'm in tons of pain, and I'm starving, but I'm okay," she said sarcastically.

"Let's get you upstairs. Ambulances and cops will be here soon, so me and the boys gotta run, but Dolly and Duffy will take care of you." Eunice and Paul helped Lennon into the living room and sat her down on a couch. There were two detectives waiting in the room, and Lennon was introduced to them.

As the boys were headed out of the house, Lennon said, "Murphy!" He turned around to face her, "You'll explain everything later, right?"

He nodded, "Anything you want to know."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I had wanted to use a Clint Eastwood question too, but I couldn't think of a good enough one (mainly because I haven't seen any of his movies, and I also thought that I had plenty already.)