Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

Recovery

Lennon told the authorities the truth when she was interviewed...well, there was a little bit of editing done to her story. She left out the parts about knowing Connor and Murphy and their involvement in what had happened. She also omitted Eunice and Paul from her story, protecting everyone and allowing Ms. Yakavetta to look like the psychopath that she truly was and letting Detective Duffy and Detective Dolly to look like heroes.

She rested in her hospital bed, watching the news. They were talking about what had happened. "Lennon Farrelly, an artist currently visiting Boston was kidnapped by deceased mob boss Papa Joe Yakavetta's daughter,-" she changed the channel, not wanting to hear about it.

She hadn't slept at all the night before, every time she closed her eyes she relived the incident in her mind. She sighed and laid her head back against the pillow. So many thoughts about Connor and Murphy played in her head. Not once had either of them denied killing the woman's father or brother. She was pretty sure they had even admitted to doing it. She couldn't believe it. She didn't want to believe it. Lennon had even decided that until she heard Murphy say the words, 'I killed them,' that it was untrue.

The door opened and she looked up to see Doc standing there, "You look like h-h-h-FUCK! hell."

She smirked and said, "I haven't slept."

"I can tell." He walked into the room and sat down in a chair next to the bed.

"Where's Romeo?"

"Back at the bar, keeping the-ASS- boys company."

"They haven't left yet?"

He shook his head, "Their flight doesn't leave until later tonight."

"So they'll be gone before I get out of here?"

Doc nodded and Lennon looked down. There was silence for a few moments and then Doc said, "I'm sure you have plenty of questions about them, but it's best if you ask them, not me. Let them tell you their-PISS- story."

Lennon nodded.

"So, how's your leg?"

She shrugged, "It's been better. It doesn't hurt anymore, but I think that's because of all the pills in my system right now."

Doc reached over and smoothed out her hair. "You'll be okay. You're a tough girl."

Lennon smiled.

Doc sighed and said, "Don't let this change your opinion of them. They're good boys."

"Until everything is explained to me, I'm trying to not let anything change what I think of them."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the week went by slowly. Lennon limped around everywhere, refusing to use the cane she had been given. She sold almost all her paintings at the gallery, being the artist that was kidnapped by a mob boss made everyone want her art. She went home a very happy girl. Now she'd just have to confront Connor and Murphy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll eventually change the title of this chapter....maybe.