Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

Normalcy

"Are you okay?" Quinn asked as she drove Lennon home from the airport.

She nodded and continued starring out the window. "I'm fine. Just a crazy woman's mistake." She knew neither Connor nor Murphy had told Quinn the truth, and until she knew the exact truth, she wasn't going to bother Quinn with it.

"It was sweet of the boys to go to Boston to do what they could to help find you."

Lennon nodded again. "Yeah...but, it's not like there was anything they could do really." She paused and took a deep breath. "Besides, it was actually good for me. I sold all of my paintings but one."

"Which one? I didn't notice any with you."

"The one of Murphy. I gave it to Doc."

"Oh."

The rest of the car ride was silent. Quinn offered to stay with Lennon since it was late and Tara was with her father. Lennon objected, saying she was tired, and she had to be up early for work the next morning. Quinn waited in the car, watching as Lennon hobbled to the door. Once she was safe inside the confines of her apartment, Quinn started the drive home. Lennon didn't bother the boys, she wanted real rest before confronting either of them. She showered and went to bed.

Lennon ended up having to work a double shift, one of the other waitresses called out because her son was sick. Lennon put on a smile and pushed through it. Everyone teased her with playful banter about getting kidnapped. She laughed along with them, remembering how much money she had made after the incident. If she could keep it up, she'd be able to quit her job and move on to something better soon.

When she finally made it home, it was late. She ate dinner by herself and took a shower after the dishes were cleaned. She pulled on her pajamas and brushed her hair, securing it at the nape of her neck with a hair tie before crawling out the window onto the fire escape. It was empty. She walked over to Murphy's window and tapped on it. Through the darkness she could see a figure get up from the bed and a small lamp was turned on.

Murphy walked over to the window. "Will you come out here?" Lennon asked, "We need to talk."

Murphy nodded and held up a finger, to signal for her to wait a minute. He walked over to his dresser and grabbed his cigarettes and lighter before walking back to the window. He opened it and crawled through. As soon as he was on the fire escape he pulled a cigarette from the pack, "Want one?" he offered before lighting his.

Lennon shook her head.