Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

Truth

Lennon stared at the ground below her while she tried to figure out exactly what to ask. Finally, she took a deep breath and spoke, "Why don't you just start from the beginning. Tell me everything. Who that woman was. Why she was after you. All of it. Don't leave out a thing, and don't lie to me."

Murphy took a long drag off the cigarette he held between his fingers before replying. "I guess...I guess it started with the Russians. Connor and I got in a fight with them, and then...well...we killed the Russian mob. Then we met our friend Rocco, and he was helping us take out the Yakavettas before he was killed. We were vigilantes, known as 'The Saints'. We killed the bad." He paused and put the cigarette to his lips again. He was letting everything sink in before continuing.

Before he could speak again, Lennon spoke, "So...did you kill her father in a court room like she said?"

Murphy nodded. His eyes were lowered, he wasn't looking at Lennon. She wondered why. "Smecker, Duffy, and Dolly helped me, Connor, and our dad get into the building, and we killed him....just like she said."

"And her brother?"

"The same way. Except, it wasn't in a court room."

"Why?"

"We thought he was responsible for killing a very dear friend of ours. It was actually a trap though. We had been here in Ireland for years, and so we went back to Boston for vengeance."

"What happened?"

"We met Bloom. Smecker had told her about us, and after his 'death' she became our 'guardian angel'." A small smile came to his lips, "That's what she called herself. She helped us find out who was actually after us, and turned out, they were after our dad. When we went after the guy....well....he dad didn't make it."

"I'm sorry."

Murphy shook his head, "Don't be." He took another drag from the cigarette. "We ended up being arrested. Me, Connor, and Romeo. But Bloom and Smecker broke us out of Hoag, with a little inside help." He smirked at the memory. "Connor and I left immediately for Ireland. Romeo was too banged up to travel though, so Doc took him in, and they bonded. Romeo's been helping him with the bar, but he's been saying he'll come visit us here soon."

There was silence while Lennon thought about everything. "Let me make sure I have everything right, you became a vigilante, and killed some mob boss, then you killed his son. You go to prison, and get broken out, and come here." Lennon took a deep breath. "Did you know Yakavetta had a daughter?"

Murphy nodded.

"Then why didn't you tell me before I went to Boston? You knew I was entering that painting of you into the gallery, and if it got accepted, which it did, all of Boston would see it. Did the thought never occur to you that she may want revenge for you killing her family? That with my painting, she'd use me as bait to get you back over there, which she did!"

"I didn't...I..." Murphy's words were lost. Lennon wasn't listening to him anyways. She kept talking.

"You could have told me not to submit that painting. Then none of this would have happened!"

"If I had of told you not to, I would have had to tell you why, and I was afraid you'd hate me if you knew."

"You could have lied. You could have told me it looked terrible, and probably wouldn't be accepted."

"I could never lie to you Lennon." Murphy could feel a tear starting to well up in the corner of his eye. He blinked a few times, trying to force it away.

"Murphy, do...do you know what happened to Grady? Was it really foul play?"

Murphy sighed, "Connor and I-"

"You killed him."

Murphy nodded, "We threw his body in a lake." Lennon walked over to her window. "Lennon," he said before she could climb inside. "Please, don't hate me. We only did it to protect you."

"Murphy, I'm sorry. I just...I need time to think about all this."

Murphy nodded and watched as she climbed through the window. She shut it and gave him a weak smile before pulling the curtains shut.