Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

Confusion

Murphy finished his cigarette, then smoked one more before climbing back through the window. Connor was standing in the doorway of the room, leaning against the door jamb. His arms were crossed over his chest, and an unreadable expression was plastered on his face. "You told her everything?" Connor asked, already knowing the answer.

"Everything," Murphy confirmed with a nod.

Connor sighed. He knew it would happen. He had heard Murphy tell her he'd explain everything when they left the Yakavetta house. "Do you think she'll tell Quinn?"

Murphy shrugged, "Maybe. I don't see why she wouldn't. Do you honestly think she'd want her niece around murderers?"

Connor didn't say anything. His jaw tensed, but he forced himself to relax. He was worried this would happen. Lennon will hate them, and she'll tell Quinn, who will hate them. Then Connor will lose the only woman he's ever cared about, that wasn't his ma.

There was silence. It wasn't awkward, but it wasn't comfortable either. "If you don't mind," Murphy finally said, "I'm going to go to back to bed."

Connor nodded, and as he walked away he said, "Good night."

"You too," Murphy replied, even though he didn't feel like it was a good night at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lennon woke up, plagued by the truth. She had hoped that she'd wake up and realize her confrontation with Murphy had been a dream. But it wasn't. He had told her the truth. He had killed people, and been put in prison. Then he was broken out and came here. She had finally opened up to him, and then she found out he wasn't the person she had thought he was. A murderer. That's what he was. He and Connor both. Quinn. Quinn was infatuated with Connor. She had to tell her sister, she couldn't let Tara around them anymore. But could she betray Murphy's confidence? Yes. Quinn was her sister, blood is thicker than water, and did it matter if she ever spoke to either of the boys again?

A tear escaped from Lennon's eye. She didn't want to betray Connor and Murphy. Not after they'd helped her. And especially not after they had risked their own lives to save her's. She sighed and thought, Just get through the day, and then figure it out tonight. Everything will be fine.