Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

Avoidance

Lennon stayed locked in her apartment, avoiding Connor and Murphy, until it was time for her to go to work. She hadn't spoken to Quinn either. She'd eventually tell Quinn what she knew. She had to. She wondered how Quinn would handle the situation. So many thoughts plagued her mind as she worked. She wanted to trust them, especially Murphy. She liked him. Besides, it wasn't as if he'd ever done anything to hurt her, and he never would, right? And she was pretty sure Quinn was in love with Connor. And Tara adored them, and they seemed to be quite taken with her as well. She sighed and sat the tray down on the counter in the kitchen next to the sink. It was stacked with dirty plates and cups.

"Everything okay?" Oscar, one of the cooks asked.

Lennon nodded, "Yeah, I'm just getting used to things again. Not to mention, there's the whole limp thing."

He nodded in agreement, and she gave him a polite smile before turning on her heel and walking back out into the open diner. She clenched her teeth when she seen Connor and Murphy pull into the parking lot. Lovely, she thought. She turned away before they walked in. If she didn't make eye contact with them, she wouldn't have to say anything to them, and everything would be okay. She heard the jingle of the bell above the door as it was pushed open. She pursed her lips together and silently prayed that they wouldn't sit in her section. She busied herself filling a cup with iced tea for an elderly woman that was sitting alone. Her glass was almost empty.

When the cup was filled, she took a deep breath and turned around. Connor and Murphy were sitting two tables in front of the woman, in Lennon's section. She clenched her teeth together and put on a fake smile, glancing once at the boy's to let them know she wasn't ignoring them, and walked by. She sat the glass down in front of the woman, "Thank you dear," she said.

Lennon smiled sweetly, "It's no problem at all. Let me know if you need anything else."

The woman smiled and continued eating her fries and Lennon turned around. As she passed by the boys' table, Connor called her name. She turned around to face them, "Where's our menus?" Connor asked.

"They'll be right up. Don't worry."

She turned on her heel and quickly walked back to the bar where one of the other waitresses was standing. "Cassidy, I need you to do me a favor," she said in a low voice.

"What is it?"

"See the two guys over there?" she nodded slightly in the direction of the MacManus brothers.

Cassidy tilted her head an inch to see around Lennon, "Yeah, what about 'em?"

"Will you serve them tonight?"

"They're in your section though."

"I know, but I..."

"Are they stalking you or something?"

Lennon let out a high-pitched, nervous laugh, which gained her looks from some of the customers. "No, it's...they're...I can't really explain. Please. You can have the tip, I don't care. And I'll return the favor when you need me to."

Lennon watched impatiently as Cassidy's face scrunched up as she thought about it. "Okay. Like you said, I get the tip, and the next time that old man that flirts with me sits in my section, you're serving him."

"It's a deal."

"Okay."

"Thank you!" Lennon hugged her co-worker tightly. When she let go Cassidy picked up two menus and took them to the boys where she sat them on the table and went through the routine of introducing herself, and telling them she'd be there server.

Lennon didn't have to speak to either of them again throughout the time period they spent in the diner. Although, she did receive an odd look from Connor when it was obvious they were sitting in the very middle of her section, and she wasn't serving them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hailey, he forgave me! And he said they're "crazy hobbit feet. " And 'x' is a kiss right?