Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

Nurse Lennon

Murphy was sitting in the bathroom, waiting for Lennon, who was explaining what had happened to Connor while she filled a Ziploc bag with ice. Connor listened without speaking and she also gathered clean rags, bandages, a small strip of cardboard to use as a splint, tape, and a bowl filled with warm water. Connor helped her carry the things into the bathroom and she put them on the counter, then Connor left her alone with Murphy.

First she cleaned the small cut in Murphy's eyebrow. His right eye was bruised, and he winced slightly at the touch of the rag. He didn't say a word though as Lennon gently placed a Band-Aid over the cut. Then she handed him the bag of ice. "Hold this to it. It'll help the swelling go down." He nodded and placed the bag against his eye while she continued working.

She soaked the rag in water and wrung it out before starting on his nose. She cleaned the blood away, and he winced again when Lennon touched the bridge of his nose, even though her touch was gentle. His nose was obviously broken, which made her frown. He wanted to smile. Even though his face was sore, he wanted to smile because she was taking care of him. She didn't hate him after all. "Ow!" he nearly shrieked when she pinched the bridge of his nose, straightening it out.

"Calm down, ya baby!" she said with a small smile. "Your nose is broken. I have to fix it, or would your rather leave it crooked?"

He scowled, and said, "Go ahead, fix it."

Her smile grew slightly wider, and he thought he seen a flash of white between her lips. Once his nose was straight, she folded the cardboard and taped it in place to keep his nose straight. She sat the soiled rag on the edge of the sink to dry out and grabbed the other clean one. The blood on his mouth had already dried and started to crust. And his bottom lip was sore from where it had been busted.

She wrung out the second rag and gingerly wiped away the blood with it. It was strange feeling Murphy's breath against her skin, warming her fingertips. His lips parted slightly and she wiped the cloth along his bottom lip, cleaning it. She could see the small line in the middle of his lip where it had busted, but it didn't seem to bother him. Not like the cut over his eye, or his nose did. "Thank you," he said in a low voice before she could move her hand away. The words against her skin sent chills down her arm, and she couldn't help but bite the inside of her lower lip. She pulled her hand away and placed the rag next to the other one.

"I think you're okay now."

He smiled and she returned it. "So, have you forgiven me for my past, or do you still hate me?"

She blinked a few times while his words sank in. Then replied, "Murphy, I don't hate you. I never did, and I never could. I just...I was trying to understand everything." She paused briefly. "It's not every day you find out that your next door neighbors are two notorious vigilantes."

"So we're still friends?"

She nodded.

"Good, because if we weren't, it would be weird to do this." He put down the bag of ice and cupped her face in his hands before leaning forward and pressing his lips to hers.

Lennon melted into the kiss. Her hands came up to rest on his forearms, gripping them lightly. His hands pushed back her hair, his fingers tangling in the soft waves. Their lips parted, and she felt his tongue. Then she was pulled into reality by the sound of Connor clearing his throat. She stepped back until her back hit the wall, and Murphy just sat there. His lips were pursed and his head was tilted down. "I don't think making out is part of my brother's required treatment."

Lennon turned her head away, trying to hide her blush, but it could still be seen in the mirror behind Murphy. She opened her mouth to speak, but couldn't think of anything coherent to say.

Connor smirked and gave a small chuckle, "I take it this means we're still friends though?"

Lennon nodded then looked at Connor. "There's one condition though."

"What is it?" the brothers asked simultaneously.

"I'm not going to tell Quinn about your vigilante past. You two are. She has to know. It's only fair."