Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

Twins in Love

"So....you and Murphy....kill people." Quinn said it slowly, as if it wasn't going to be true until she said it aloud, and she didn't want it to be true. Lennon had called Quinn in the morning and told her to come over. There was something, urgent, that she needed to know about. She had rushed over, filled with concern. She was worried that something was terribly wrong, why else would her sister call her so early on her only day off? She hadn't been expecting this though. She had sat across from Lennon, Murphy, and Connor in Lennon's apartment and listened to the two brothers tell her about their past. They even told her the truth about Lennon's kidnapping. They didn't bother with the subject of Grady. There was no need to touch that subject.

"Killed," Murphy said. "Past tense. We don't do that anymore. We left that life behind us. We just want a normal life away from all of that."

Quinn looked down at her lap. She was unsure of what to say, or even what to think.

"Quinn..." Lennon spoke softly, silently urging her sister to understand, the same way she had.

"I...I don't know what to think. I don't know what to say." She looked up at the three people sitting across from her. If Lennon trusted them, she could too, right? "Why did you tell me all this?"

Both boys opened their mouth to speak, but it was Connor that answered, "Because....well....because I think I love you, and you needed to know." Quinn, Lennon, and Murphy were all shocked by Connor's confession. No one knew what to say, so Connor continued, "And I love Tara. She's so sweet and funny. I would never ever hurt either of you, or Lennon." There was more silence. Quinn still looked as if she was in shock. "Please say something."

Quinn stayed silent, still stunned by what had been said.

Heartbroken, Connor rose from his seat and turned to leave. Lennon reached up and grabbed his forearm, not wanting him to go yet. He glanced down at her and she opened her mouth to speak to him. He gave her a disheartened look and easily pulled his arm from her loose grip. He left Lennon's apartment.

As soon as the door was shut, Lennon glared at her sister, "That was terrible of you. He's put his heart on his sleeves, and you...." she trailed off as she watched Quinn get up and go after Connor.

Quinn shut the door behind her just in time to see Connor's door shut. She ran to it and knocked. It was only seconds before he opened the door. Before he could speak to her, Quinn threw her arms around his neck and pressed her lips to his. He smiled against her and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her against him. "I know you'd never hurt us," she whispered when they pulled away. "I was just shocked. I think I love you too."

Lennon quietly closed the door back and turned to face Murphy, a huge grin plastered on their faces. They had seen the entire display of affection that had passed between Quinn and Connor. "Twins in love with twins. Who'd of thought?" she chuckled.

Murphy shrugged, "Who'd of thought?"

"I love you Murphy."

"I love you too." He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close, then he bent down and kissed Lennon.