Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

Mud Pie

Lennon was in the middle of making dinner when her sister, Quinn, knocked on the door. She answered and Quinn brought Tara inside. "I don't expect to be gone for more than an hour," she told Lennon.

"Another blind date?" Lennon asked.

Quinn nodded.

"Maybe I could hook you up with one of the boys next door. I've never seen either of them with a girl."

"That's okay," Quinn shrugged. She knelt down next to her eight-year-old daughter and placed her hands on her shoulders, "You be good for your Aunt Lennon, okay?"

Tara nodded, "Bye mommy."

"Bye sweetie, I'll be back soon." Quinn kissed the little girls cheek and headed for the door. Before she closed it she said, "If you need me for any reason, call."

Lennon nodded, "I know the drill." She smiled at her sister and Quinn left. "Are you hungry?" she asked the little girl. All three females looked exactly alike. The only differences were Quinn didn't have bangs, but Lennon and Tara did. And even though the two sisters had wavy hair, Tara's hair was curly.

Tara nodded, "I'm so hungry I could eat a cow."

"A whole cow? Those are pretty big, are you sure it wouldn't eat you first?"

The little girl nodded, "Cows are erbavoors, they don't eat meat."

Lennon chuckled at Tara's pronunciation of herbivores, "You mean herbivores?"

"Right."

Lennon finished cooking and then made them both a plate. She sat Tara's in front of her and said, "When we get done, I have a surprise for you."

"What is it?" she asked with a grin, her face lighting up in excitement.

"If I tell you, it won't be a surprise." Tara ate quickly, anxious to see what her surprise was. When dinner was over she helped Lennon clean up. Lennon walked into her bedroom and got out a large plastic tarp. "If you want your surprise, you have to help me cover the floor with this."

"Is it something messy?"

"The messiest!"

Tara smiled and helped spread the tarp out.

"Now close your eyes."

Tara did as she was told and Lennon went into her bedroom to get the large block of clay. She sat it down on the middle of the tarp and Tara, impatiently asked, "Can I open my eyes yet?"

"Yes."

She opened her eyes and smiled when she seen the clay. "What are we going to make?"

"Whatever you want to make."

There was silence while Tara thought, "A giant pie!"

"What kind of pie?"

"A mud pie!"

"Why don't we make a giant pie pan, and then we'll fill it with real mud."

"Yeah!" Tara shouted.

"Let's get started then."