Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

Clay Warriors

While Lennon and Tara were making their giant, clay pie pan they started playing instead of making the actual pan. Lennon ran her fingers down her cheeks, streaking them with clay, then she rubbed clay down her nose and did the same to Tara. "We're clay warriors now," she told her.

"What are we going to do?"

"I don't know, what do you want to do?" Before Tara could reply there was a knock on the door. "Let me get the door, okay."

"We should attack! We'll harpoon 'em and hang their underwear on a telephone wire!"

"How 'bout we hang them naked on a telephone wire?"

"YEAH!"

"Shh! We gotta sneak up on them, don't want the to hear our plan and run away, do you?"

Tara shook her head and Lennon pressed her fingers to her lips. Tara did the same and watched as Lennon crept up to the door and unlocked it. As soon as the door was open, Tara shouted, "FIRE!" and started throwing balls of clay at Murphy. One hit him in the face and another got him in the chest, the rest missed.

"Hold your fire," Lennon said. She looked at Murphy, "I'm sorry about that."

"It's okay. Really, don't worry about it." He held out a box to her, "This was delivered to my apartment by mistake. It's for you though."

"Thank you," she said, taking the box from him. "This must be my new paint set." She paused and looked at Murphy, "You want to come in for a minute?"

"Uh...sure." He stepped inside and Lennon shut the door. "So....what's going on?" he asked, eyeing the clay everywhere as Lennon sat the box on the counter.

"Tara and I were going to make the world's largest mud pie, isn't that right?" she glanced at Tara who was staring at Murphy.

"Yeah, but now we're clay warriors, and we're going to hang you from the telephone wire. NAKED!"

Murphy and Lennon both chuckled at Tara's enthusiasm. "We don't want to hang him naked. He might be gross and flabby."

"Let's just hang him from his toes then!"

"Yeah!" Lennon high-fived Tara.

"Want to play with us?" Tara asked, looking at Murphy again.

"Um..." he glanced at Tara then at Lennon.

"It'll be fun," Lennon encouraged.

"Sure. I don't have anything better to do."

The rest of the evening was spent with the three chasing each other around the room, and throwing balls of wet clay at each other until Quinn arrived to pick Tara up. Lennon could tell by the look on her sister's face that she wasn't too pleased about the clay mess, but she had expected it since it was what they usually did when Lennon babysat. "How did the date go?" Lennon asked.

"Well, let's just say there's not going to be a second date."

"That's too bad."

Quinn shrugged, "Who's he?"

"This is Murphy, one of my neighbors."

"Oh. He's kind of cute."

Lennon nodded. They chatted for a few more minutes before Quinn and Tara left.

"Want me to help you clean?" Murphy asked.

"That's okay," Lennon said.

Murphy glanced around at the mess. "I insist on helping."