Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

Almost

"So you're an artist?" Murphy asked as they carried the rolled up tarp with the giant globs of clay inside of it down to the dumpster.

"No," Lennon shook her head. "Artists get paid for their work."

"But you'd like to get paid for your work."

She nodded and sat the tarp down in front of the dumpster while Murphy opened the lid. Together, they picked it back up and tossed it inside.

As they walked back up to Lennon's apartment, he asked, "So what kind of art do you make?"

She shrugged, "Whatever I'm inspired to make. Sometimes it's a sculpture, sometimes I paint, and sometimes I draw."

"I'd love to see some of your work."

She smiled, "Alright. I'll show you sometime."

Murphy spent a couple of hours with Lennon helping her clean the clay off of the walls and the part of the floor that the tarp didn't cover. When she was finished she grabbed a small folder filled with paper and handed it to him. He opened it and seen sketches of people and places. "These are really good."

"Thanks. Grady always...." she trailed off, but one look in Murphy's blue eyes and she said, "Grady always thought it was silly, but even if it never gets me anywhere, I enjoy doing it."

"You should never stop doing something you enjoy."

She sat down next to him and picked up a sketch of Tara in her tutu. "This one's my favorite."

"It's really good. She's really pretty. She looks like you and your sister." Lennon smiled at Murphy and in that moment, something inside both of them clicked. He slowly leaned towards her. His brain told him not to, but his heart told him he had to. Lennon felt it to, and she slowly leaned towards him to meet his lips with hers. Right as they were about to touch, there was a knock on the door. They quickly pulled away from each other and Murphy jumped up. "That's probably Connor, he probably wants to know why I've been gone for so long."

Lennon nodded, "Um...I can get the clay out of your shirt for you."

He looked down at it, "It'll be alright. It was an old shirt anyways."

She smiled, and he opened the door to reveal that Connor was in deed the person knocking on the door. "What have you been doing?" he asked.

"Playing clay warriors," Murphy told him with a goofy grin.

"I heard. I started to wonder if they actually had hung you from a telephone wire."

Lennon blushed while a small smile spread across her lips. She told the boys goodnight and then took a shower before going to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Considering how I abused Connor in the last Boondock Saints story, I'm considering hooking him up with Quinn. Thoughts anyone?