Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

Busted

For the first time in a long time, Lennon Farrelly slept peacefully. Her dreams were sweet and filled with Murphy, although nothing romantic or sensuous happened in them, they were soothing. When she woke up, she remembered dreaming that she had been standing in a field of daisies. Murphy was standing off in the distance and she called his name. He turned around and smiled at her. Then she blinked and they were suddenly laying in the grass next to each other, staring up at the clouds. She was smiling and the aroma of all the flowers surrounding them filled her nose. Murphy reached over and placed his hand over hers and she felt safe.

Still smiling from her dream, Lennon got up and changed into her uniform. She left for work, she was only working a half shift that morning. She was too happy to let anything bring her down, and she worked through the day without letting a single person upset her for any reason. When she got off work she had errands to run before the locksmith arrived. She got home and put her groceries away right before he arrived. He changed the lock and handed her a brand new key. She flashed her dazzling smile at him and thanked him before he left. Then she took a quick shower and changed before her dinner with Murphy and Connor. She dressed simple, putting on a pair of dark, denim jeans, a gray T-shirt, and a pair of black sandals.

Before she could even knock on their door, Murphy opened it and ushered her inside. "Dinner is almost ready," he told her.

"Okay."

She sat on the couch next to Connor and watched TV until Murphy said they could eat.

"This is really good," she told him.

"You don't have to lie," Connor said. "Murph knows he can't cook worth a shit."

Murphy's cheeks tinted pink and he slapped Connor in the back of the head. Lennon chuckled and said, "I'm not lying. This really is good." She smiled directly at Murphy, "You did a good job."

He's cheeks darkened even more and he thanked her. The three of them talked and joked for hours until Lennon realized it was almost midnight. "I have to be at work early in the morning. I should go."

"We should do this again," Murphy said.

Lennon nodded, "We should."

"Next time, you cook," Connor told her. "I'm going to die if I eat too much more of Murphy's food."

Lennon smiled and nodded. She left their apartment and pulled out her key to her door as she walked the few feet to it. When she got to the door she seen that someone had broken into her apartment. The door was ajar and there was light protruding into the hallway. The wood around the door jamb was busted and splintered and her doorknob was hanging out of the hole. Lennon hoped it was a druggie that had busted the door open in search of drugs or money, or both, and she hoped that they were gone by now. Cautiously, she pushed the door open and stepped inside.

Unfortunately, she was wrong about it having been a drug addict, and, even worse, they were still there.