Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

Beaten

Grady was sitting on the couch, and Lennon could tell he was in a bad mood. He was leaning forward, his elbows propped on his knees, and there was anger in his eyes. He held up a door key, "Why doesn't my key work?"

"I...I changed the lock."

He threw it at her and she flinched as it went past her and made a soft clinging noise as it hit the floor. Grady stood up and walked over to her. "You changed the lock? Why?"

"I kicked you out. You need to leave. You're not wel-"

She was cut off by him back handing her across the face. The force from the hit caused her to stumble back a few feet and she touched her stinging face. She could feel blood on the corner of her mouth.

"Get out," she said in the calmest voice possible. "I'm not taking your shit anymore."

Unfortunately, Grady was drunk, and that was the wrong thing to say at that moment. He grabbed her by the hair and pulled her to him. She was pressed against his body, and the smell of alcohol on his breath was making her feel sick. You're so stupid, she thought, you can't do anything to hurt him, scream, yell, do something. She opened her mouth to scream, hoping that Murphy or Connor would come to her rescue, but right as she opened her mouth, he clamped his hand over it. He was much bigger than her, and it was pointless to fight him. He stood over six feet tall, where she was only 5'6", and he had at least 80 pounds on her, not to mention, he was muscular.

He beat her that night, just like he did almost every other night. She laid in the floor and cried, bruised and battered. She slipped into unconsciousness right before he left her apartment, but before he left, he tore apart her drawings. He always did things like that when they fought. He'd break her sculptures, rip her drawings, and trash her paintings.

The following day Connor and Murphy decided to go get breakfast at the diner again. When they left their apartment, they noticed that Lennon's door was open. Murphy ran to it to make sure everything was okay, it wasn't something they were used to seeing. The door wasn't closed all the way so he pushed it open. He felt more anger than he'd ever felt before at the sight in front of him. Torn up paper littered the floor, and Lennon laid there, her eyes were closed and her hair was tangled and in her face. He ran to her side and pulled her into his lap.

Murphy brushed the hair away and seen that she had a black eye, a bruise on her cheek, and her lip was busted. "Lennon..." he said her name softly and stroked the side of her face that was bruise free. Her eyelids fluttered, but her eyes didn't open. Connor walked inside and seen the paper everywhere. He started picking them up while Murphy tried to wake up Lennon. He looked at each piece as he picked it up. Murphy looked up at his brother, he wanted to cry. He didn't realize he could care so much about a person he had just met. "What...what are those?" Connor handed the papers to him and Murphy looked at each one. "Lennon's drawings." Murphy's voice was a whisper, and Connor wasn't even sure he had heard him. Murphy felt like his heart was going to collapse when he seen the picture of Tara in her tutu ripped apart.

Lennon finally opened her eyes and smiled when she looked up to see Murphy holding her.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Sore."

"What happened?"

"Grady broke in. He.." a tear fell from her eye and Murphy knew what had happened.

"Why didn't you yell? We would've helped you."

"I was going to. He kept my mouth covered."

Murphy pulled her up and wrapped his arms around her. She rested her head on his shoulder and cried. Murphy rubbed her back in an attempt to soothe her. "It'll be okay."