Status: Complete

Because You're Mine

Phone Call

Lennon was sitting on the bathroom counter while Murphy cleaned the dried blood from the corner of her mouth. His touch was so gentle, and Lennon couldn't help but be happy, despite what had happened. The phone started to ring, "Will you answer that?" Lennon asked.

"Sure." Connor picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Who is this? Where's Lennon?" It was a female voice. Connor was sure he recognized it from somewhere, but he wasn't sure.

"She's in the bathroom. I'm her neighbor."

"The one from the other night?"

Connor raised an eyebrow, despite that the woman on the other end of the line couldn't see that. He assumed she was talking about when Murphy had been over while Lennon was babysitting. "No. The other one."

"Is Lennon okay? Her boss called and said she didn't show up for work."

"She's a little bruised, I think she's okay though. I'll let you talk to her." He walked to the bathroom door and handed her the phone.

"Who is it?" she asked in a low voice.

Connor shrugged, "I didn't ask."

Lennon and Murphy both rolled their eyes and she stuck the phone to her ear. "Hello?"

"Lennon, what happened? Why didn't you go to work?"

"Grady broke into my apartment last night. He beat me, but I'm okay. I'll get the door fixed, and everything will be alright."

"That man is a maniac. He needs to be arrested. You need to get a restraining order against him......" Quinn continued ranting, it was the same lecture she always gave her twin sister after having a fight with Grady.

Lennon sighed and listened without actually hearing what was being said. She'd say 'I know,' 'you're right,' 'uh huh,' and 'yes' here in there to make Quinn think she was listening, but she had already heard it all before. Finally, Quinn decided that Lennon was coming to stay with her and Tara until Grady was no longer an issue.

"I'm perfectly fine here!" Lennon objected. "I'm a grown woman, I can take care of myself."

"You call getting beaten because you tell someone to get out taking care of yourself? He's hit you in the head one too many times....." Quinn started up with her rant once more and Murphy took the phone from Lennon.

"If it'll make you feel any better, Connor and I will keep watch to make sure he doesn't show up again."

"You don't have to do that," Quinn told him. "She's my sister, I should be taking care of her, not you and your brother. Thank you though."

Murphy handed the phone back to Lennon, "I tried."

Lennon smiled at him and continued talking to her sister. When Quinn realized she wasn't going to be able to get Lennon to come stay with her, she decided that she'd come stay with Lennon. She'd drop Tara off with her father, and her and her sister could have a girl's night watching movies and eating popcorn.

Connor and Murphy sat with Lennon until Quinn arrived, then they continued to sit there and talk and joke with the two girls. "So, you two are twins too?" Connor asked, only staring at Quinn.

They both nodded, "Isn't it obvious?" Quinn asked with a smile.

Connor smiled back, she had the same dazzling smile as her sister. They weren't identical twins either, but they looked more alike then Connor and Murphy did. They talked for hours and when the boys left Murphy said, "If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to ask."

"And if there's any problems," Connor finished, "just yell, we'll hear you."

After the door was closed and they heard Murphy's and Connor's door shut, Lennon turned to Quinn and said, "I'm pretty sure Connor is completely smitten with you."

Quinn blushed, "You really think so?"

Lennon nodded.