Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

Introduction

The bright car pulled up outside the diner, it was a cool day, acid rain had been at its best, you could tell from the deserted streets and corroded rooftops that surrounded the Killjoys. They slowly clambered out of the car, onto the sand and removed their sunglasses in almost exact unison.

“This fucking sucks,” exclaimed Frank, putting on his aviators and sighing.

“Well, what else did you expect, a five star fucking restaurant?” Ray slammed his door and started for the door of the diner, his boots leaving a cloud of dust in his wake; Mikey coughed and flapped his glove covered hand around to rid of the sand.

“What’s up with him?” He asked, coughing still. Gerard followed Ray into the diner, shaking his head, leaving Frank and Mikey standing by the car still.

“Let’s just get some food,” said Frank, pulling at his bandana around his neck.

“Yeah, if you call that bean stuff ‘food’..." Mikey sighed, and they walked into the diner as well.

The bell that was triggered by the door startled the customers in the diner for a second as the two entered the building, the citizens stared in shock at the pair for little more than three seconds and the continued on with their business.

“Everyone’s got red alert mode on today it seems,” said Frank as he slumped down onto his seat next to Gerard, who was playing his fork around the tin of beans.

“Must be the pill again,” he said, penetrating a single bean with precision, putting it on his tongue and slowly chewing. “I swear they’re changing the ingredients every damn day...” There was a screeching sound that came from over by the counter, and the four of them looked up at the screen.

The white noise from a retro television that sat on the counter of the diner interrupted the Killjoys thoughts, as a breaking news announcement began to speak,

“Early this morning”, the news reporter began, “four Dracs were exterminated in the hands of two rebels, known as ‘Killjoys’, going by the names of ‘Fun Ghoul’ and ‘Party Poison.’ Everyone should be on red alert if these suspects are seen, and report them immediately.”

Video of the two suspects flashed, showing the faces of Gerard and Frank upon the dusty screen of the television. They were candid shots of them, guns raised, shooting off draculoids in the desert, running away after to get back to the car. The Killjoys exchanged looks, pushed away their tins, pulled on their masks and ran out of the diner with extreme speed, hopping into the car and driving off, Gerard at the wheel.

"God damn it..." Frank sighed. "NOWHERE is safe anymore."

"Thanks to Better Living Industries..." Mikey agreed, adjusting his gloves. Ray looked out the window.

"Uh, guys...don't look now, but we are being followed." He cocked his blue ray gun, and Mikey his red one.

"Let's do this." Mikey said, and Ray and Mikey opened their windows of the back seat, stuck half of their bodies out of the windows, and proceeded to shoot down the black, BL/IND car that was right on their tails. Ray shot out the two front wheels, and Mikey shot the driver through the windshield, right in the face. He was dead on the spot, and the car swirved around on the dusty, dirty road, dust clouds flying everywhere. Until it eventually came to a stop in the ditch, rolling over on it's side.

"TAKE ME BACK!" Ray yelled, and Gerard drifted in the car, making a complete U-Turn, and zoomed back towards the car. Right as they drove by the ruined car, Ray shot the gas tank on the bottom of the car with dead-eye accuracy, and it exploded into a mushroom cloud. Gerard looked at the wreckage in the rear-view mirror, smirking. Frank laughed uncontrollably, yelling his head off.

"FUCK YEAH!" Frank said as Mikey and Ray sat back down in the back seat, giving him a high five. "THAT is how it's done!" Mikey just smirked, and Gerard let out a victory cry.

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" he screamed, as they drove off into the sunset, revelling in yet another victory against the tyrant known as Better Living Industries.