Status: new

The Only Hope for Me Is You

The Recovery Process (Cyanide Suicide)

Poison sat next to the unconscious Cyanide on the sofa, watching her sleep, her breaths even and eyes fluttering, as if in a dream. He leaned forward to whisper into her ear, his hair in his face.

"Cyanide...can you hear me? It's time to get up...." She didn't respond. He frowned, and sat back up and looked around the room. Joker was sitting in Kobra's lap, and they were talking about something, but Poison couldn't make out what they were saying. Fun Ghoul was helping Jet Star bandage up his arm, wrapping circle after circle of gauze around his wound.

"She up yet?" Fun Ghoul asked Poison, finishing up with the last circle, sticking the gauze together and patting Jet Star on the shoulder. Poison shook his head.

"No, she's not...I don't get it. She just got shot in the leg..." He looked down at the hole in her leg, the fabric of her jeans burnt where the laser beam had left a hole in them. She wasn't bleeding, but she did have a massive burn where the laser beam hit.

"Korse is going to pay for this..." Poison said, moving Cyanide's hair behind her ear and taking her mask off of her head. He looked at her sleeping face. It was peaceful, smooth, and flat out beautiful. He smiled, and stroked her cheek lightly, and she groaned in her sleep.

"Aw, come on, girl, I know you're awake!" Joker hopped off Kobra's lap, and the five of them surrounded the killjoy that had just awoken.
__________________________________________________________________________
I felt a light touch on my cheek, and I knew exactly what it was; Poison was trying to wake me up, but I didn't want to; I was having the perfect dream. It was just the two of us, taking on an army of Dracs in the middle of the desert, back to back, grinning at each other every time our eyes locked. I know most girls dreamed of romantic occasions with the person they loved, but I was always different. Me, I wanted ACTION, ADVENTURE.

I groaned again, and Poison lifted me up by the arms, and hugged me tightly.

"Thank God you're all right..." he said into my ear, and I smiled. I looked around at everyone, and they were all smiling as well.

"How long was I out?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"A couple hours, tops," Fun Ghoul answered, patting my shoulder. "You didn't miss much."

"GOOD." I said, letting go of Poison and trying to stand up. "Because I have unfinished business with Korse." I tried taking a step, but felt a searing pain in my leg, and I fell onto Poison, and he caught me.

"Whoa!" he said. "Slow down, turbo!" I looked up at him, and smiled shyly.

"I should probably bandage this up, huh?"

"Yeah, that would be a good idea," Joker pitched in, and I looked over to her. She was arm in arm with Kobra, smiling at me.

"Oh hey, you!" I said. "You're all right too!" She chuckled.

"Yeah, just a bit woozy still." She looked at Fun Ghoul. "If it weren't for Fun Ghoul, I'd be dead by now." Fun Ghoul blushed.

"No, actually," he said. "If it weren't for Kobra and Jet Star, we'd all be dead." Joker looked at Kobra in awe, and he actually smiled down to her.

"Kobra, you saved us all!" She said, and wrapped her arms around his thin frame, and he wrapped an arm around her back. I smiled, seeing this. It was so adorable!

"Poison?" I said, looking at him.

"Hmm?"

"Help me up? I need to tend to my wounds..." He shook his head, and stood up.

"No, YOU are going to stay put, while I fix you..." he leaned down, kissed my forehead, and walked over to where Jet Star was leaning against the wall, and Jet Star handed him the gauze.

"Thanks, man," Poison said, taking it, and walking back over to the sofa to bandage me up.

"Lie down, Cyanide, and stretch your leg out," he said. "Put you foot on my knee." I obeyed, and he began wrapping up my wound. I looked around the room; Kobra and Joker went over to the record player, and dropped the needle.

"More gimme more, shut up and sing it with me! NA NANANA NANANA
NANANANANANANANA..."

As the song continued, I saw that literally every single one of us were banging our heads to the fast-paced beat of the song. Joker and Kobra sat at the table by the window, and I could see that hey were talking, and smiling at each other, laughing. Jet Star was talking to Fun Ghoul, and he must have said something hilarious, because Fun Ghoul laughed really loudly, and turned his head to the side, his hand on his face. I looked at Poison, and smiled.

"Is this how it is when we aren't trying to be killed?" I asked, he laughed, nodding.

"Yeah, pretty much," he said, finishing up my bandage, and patting my thigh. "All better!"

"Thanks!" I said, and I sat back up, and buried myself under his left arm and made him wrap it around my shoulder, then put my head on his chest, looking up at him.

"Hi." I said. He looked down at me.

"Hi." He then bent his head down, and our lips connected, and this went on for a couple minutes, and everything faded away. It was just the two of us, in our own world. I managed a smile as we kissed, and he put his thumb on my chin to keep my head straight. We continued, until we were interrupted by Fun Ghoul.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Someone's getting actionnnnnnnn!" He joked, and we stopped kissing. I looked up at him, and he was grinning, and winked at me.

"Oh, shut up," I said. Poison hugged me with his arm, and I cuddled up next to him, surveying everyone in the room, absolutely loving where I was in life right now.